Flo'ing high quality and very stiff shafts doesn't seem possible... Help.

Mjr. D

I've recently gotten into club building as I like to tinker, learn and have control over how my clubs look and play. Anyway, I bought what I need to find the spine (easy and works with every shaft I've tried) and Flo. However flo'ing the shafts that I use (x flex to tour xx flex) Modus 3, Recoil Protos, Monaco protos, Rogue 125, Diamana X, etc. I have literally spent 5 hours "flicking" these shafts and I cannot get them to flat line oscillate. I've literally rotated them 360* in tiny increments, flicking them a hundred times and every time, every shaft just wants to rotate counterclockwise (over the top). Oddly enough though, I took a Dynamic Gold S200 shaft that came with a wedge I bought and was able to get it to flat line oscillate fairly quickly. So does this mean very stiff shafts tend not to Flo easily or at all compared to a much softer flex shaft or (arguably) a lower quality shaft (doesn't really make sense)? Any idea why I might be having problems with this?

P.S.

I also noticed the "flick" is a major factor in how the shaft oscillates. Slightly low to high flick angle = more of a clockwise rotation. Slightly High to low flick angle = counterclockwise rotation. But again, I'm making sure I flick them on a dead neutral 180* plane, yet every time they want to rotate counterclockwise (right hand club).

Thoughts. Help, anything.

Appreciate it guys.

Edited by robbie

Really? Is that the problem? I didn't want to use too heavy of a weight with graphite shafts due to stress concerns but maybe I'll try this. I used a 205g weight and a 315g weight I think...

No grip, just a standard vise with shaft adapters/holders from golfsmith. They seem perfectly fine. I clamp them pretty tight. The longer I tried to flo the tighter I clamped just do to frustration haha.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can locate one, the removal chuck from a drill would suffice for the steel shaft FLO'ing weight