I present to you: Masda L shaped putter!

Cforselius

Hello lads.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have some sort of experience with the Masda putters? There is litterally (spelling?) zero info about them on the forums and web. And the mystery is killing me! How do they roll? What finish should you choose? Headweight?
I really love the sleek design, no fuzz or anything. Just a clean looking putter, so please if you have some info... Please share! I promise I will keep the Masda mystery for myself.

Update!

I just got my Masda L shaped putter in copper. It took about 2 and a half month to recieve it and I had totally forgotten about it. So here are some pics of my new baby that will kick the Golds out of the bag.

You can really see the craftmanship in the putters finish which I like. The sole is completely blank. The long neck and ferule is to die for. Grip is a black midsize that probably will be changed to a leaher gripmaster.

Enjoy!

post-17389-0-06550200-1448378836_thumb.j

post-17389-0-11664200-1448378841_thumb.j

post-17389-0-00573400-1448378848_thumb.j

post-17389-0-86774200-1448378861_thumb.j

post-17389-0-84199100-1448378869_thumb.j

post-17389-0-68029700-1448378877_thumb.j

Edited by Cforselius

Hi Chris, I just want to know if they can be compared to more fancy brands in turn of quality and craftmanship. I would be all over the L shaped if I could get a nice deep milling, a sight dot and some weights to bring the weight up because my guess is a head around 350 grams.

I have the Studio 1 with the black/raw finish and it's quite impressive. I hate plumbers necks and I still couldn't resist getting a Masda of my own after trying it. Many putters require deep milling to give them that soft pure feel but Masda achieves that feel with minimal face milling. The quality is there.

Thanks lads for ur inputs! They sure sound good. And look good. I just find it odd that I cant find a single review on them.

Did you guys got the chance to try them out or did you just buy because of what you have heard and read?

I wasn't even looking for a putter and hadn't wanted anything since the Zen came out. I played the Masda for a round while I was in Japan and immediately knew I had to have one.

Awesome Mikey!

I really like the raw black finish on the L shaped but I cannot stand rust, and it will rust, alot. There has been so much rain in Sweden its ridicoulus. Anyhow, their plating offers dont give this wow factor. Im very picky, I know.

So maybe I should just send Chris a mail and see what we can do. I have noticed that the TSG workshop got some sweet platings, but Im not sure if it only applies to irons.

The black may not be a truly raw finish. When I played with Stew's Masda in Japan there wasn't a spot of rust on it...and if it's going to rust, that certainly would be the climate for it. I say go for it and later if it does rust, then worry about getting a plating put on. But for now, I'd suggest you try it as is because any plating will alter the feel and you should definitely feel this putter as Masda intended it before you do anything.

I agree, no reason to change the original finish until it needs it, and then you'll have the perfect excuse to send it into golds (or some other refinisher)!

if and when you do, black boron holds up great as a protective plating. i'm very impressed by how well it holds up and I play in both wet and dry conditions.

take some pics to share if you do get one!

Edited by needmoregolf

• 3 months later...

Thanks mate. Not your fault, and as I wrote, I had forgotten about this so it was a nice surprise! And Im glad the headcover fits very well. Thats the main problem with theese Putter heads.

ha funny u mention this I was putting with it last night.

I don't like the shape but iwasnt missing with it. I was trying several underground models and this was the most consistant I hit.

gonna have to pull the chain on this I think.

anyone need some bettianrdis??????

Im glad to hear that mate! Did you try the copper finish? I wont be able to try it til april... I will give it one season and then probably gonna send it to Golds. The weight feel kinda healthy but I prefer some more weight and a sight dot would be nice.

sounds great, that is what I was hoping for! The no sight dot might be the only set back for me, it will be fine but everything feels so smoother when you have a dot telling you where the sweetspot is.

Its a very affordable putter and giving it a go wont break the bank, and I think now is the time since you have to wait and forget it til you get it.

Seems like you have to L-shaped putter addiction too.. Time to share your collection, mate.. I'm waiting for another arrival to close off this year's hoeing..

My horde has been growing and growing since getting my hands on the Zen..

I know of ppl who hate the shape but the clean looks just blows me away..

Forces me to focus on the putt instead of thinking about anything else..

I hear you lad. The shape is everything!

I have tried anser style several times but its just not for me. Trying to get rid of the Gold for a Zen but some things are meant to be unobtainable :)

Think its time to give up the Zen and focus on this fella.

Well.. It is definitely a tough situation..

Good luck on ur Masda..

And do share your collection!