Miura KM-008 Putter.. KM-350 replacement?

Daveraul

So it appears that the Miura KM-008 Putter has recently been released..

It looks quite similar from the face side compared to KM-350.. But much cleaner from the back..

Having said that, looks doesn't really seem to inspire like the Epon Z:en.. Granted both belong to different leagues..

Claims to be extremely forgiving, and material sounds like it would be a rather soft feel.. But milling seems rather shallow though..

http://www.miuragolf.com/series57_putter-km008.asp

Any thoughts?

Im sure i saw a photo a while back similar to that as the lefty version of km350.

Same size?

Eca,

Seems quite a similar size but without the cavity at the back like KM-350..

What's your experience with KM-350?

I had the 350, beautiful but the less forgiving putter I had ...

Love this puttter. True blade. Makes you focus on really good strikes. Yes it is not the most forgiving putter but funny thing is because i focus on the centered strikes, it makes me worry less with other aspects like line & pace & gets quite deadly accurate when you're on.. just like blade irons i guess. Great feel too.

So it appears that the Miura KM-008 Putter has recently been released..

It looks quite similar from the face side compared to KM-350.. But much cleaner from the back..

Having said that, looks doesn't really seem to inspire like the Epon Z:en.. Granted both belong to different leagues..

Claims to be extremely forgiving, and material sounds like it would be a rather soft feel.. But milling seems rather shallow though..

http://www.miuragolf.com/series57_putter-km008.asp

Any thoughts?

If by different leagues you mean different styles, I agree (I personally much prefer the KM-350). If you are speaking to quality, I would argue that the KM-350 is not the least bit inferior to the Zen.

Well.. Material used should be different. no? Apart from that, design would be rather different it seems, as the KM-350/008 seems rather short across the face compared to the Zen..

In terms of finishing, I have not held the KM-350/008 in hand before but Zen's finishing looks/feels rather luxurious.. Would love to give the KM-350 a putt-about to see how it feels..

Anyone who tried both KM-350 and Zen able to shed some light? Of course I'm not looking to replace the Zen (At least for the foreseeable future), but having an obsession with Blade Putters, and regrettably (wallet damage wise) building up a collection now..

I got both 350 and Zen

And I'm 100% for the zen

Feeling , look, playability

I'm a 100% opposite on each criteria. I mean to take nothing away from the Zen. They are just very different putters. The Zen is an 8802 style that basically everyone has done. Stylistically, its uniqueness is the hammering. The finish is also quite nice. Functionally, I guess its face milling is its own and certainly the quality is outstanding. No doubt, a beautiful and great feeling/performing putter for those who like the 8802 style. The KM-350 is its own beast; I don't know another who makes that shape as standard. First and foremost, it's a mini and has bulkier dimensions all around to account for the shorter heel-to-toe. The KM-008 is more similar to the Zen because it doesn't have a cavity, but still quite different.

For me, I'd take the Miura every time. If I hadn't gone custom (used a bunch of design elements from the KM-350), I'd play it happily for life. Now it's my son's.

Oh, I should say that I needed to bend the KM-350 flat for it to work for me; 71* is too upright for my stance and stroke.

Thanks for the feedback guys... End of the day, a putter is extremely personal and subjective..

Guess the only option is to get my hands on the KM-008 to get a good comparison..

(Actually excuses to increase my blade putter collection)

Well.. Material used should be different. no? Apart from that, design would be rather different it seems, as the KM-350/008 seems rather short across the face compared to the Zen..

In terms of finishing, I have not held the KM-350/008 in hand before but Zen's finishing looks/feels rather luxurious.. Would love to give the KM-350 a putt-about to see how it feels..

Anyone who tried both KM-350 and Zen able to shed some light? Of course I'm not looking to replace the Zen (At least for the foreseeable future), but having an obsession with Blade Putters, and regrettably (wallet damage wise) building up a collection now..

I played both the Zen and KM-350 and the Zen easily won out for me. For the price, the KM-350 is the best feeling putter I've ever tried. It's unique and of very good quality. In the end it just doesn't set up well for me and I didn't want to try to chase loft and lie settings to make it right. The Zen set up perfectly and while being a more traditional design is still far more unique in every way. I can't say the feel was any more pleasant than the Miura but the feedback was light years better. Anyways, that's my take...

It's already launched but was told by a Miura Dealer that it will take a couple of weeks before it reaches the shops..

Maybe you might wish to check with your local Miura Dealer when they would be bringing it in?

Or Chris can shed some light if it will be on TSG Store soon?

Cheers mate, I wont go to my local miura dealer. When I asked for the KM-350 back in april, he told me he wanted 6000 SEK which is approximately 690 USD. I just hung up on him, lol. Rather buy from TSG if it becomes available.

Head weight around 357grams and size very similar to 350 which I've own. Also tried the Zen... Both are great quality putters !!