Softest stickiest grips???

chiromikey

I play gloveless with an old hand injury so cushioning is critical...and they need to work in humid sweaty conditions. So soft and sticky is a must with midsize being a bonus.

Ready...go!

I actually like the Iomic Black Armour 2.3 ... ribbed so Japan only...

Recenty got some Iomic LJect Cords. which is really nice, but they only come in 1.8 size.

yup, No1 is the softest/tackiest I've ever tried, but if you don't have feather soft grip pressure, they're gonna go quick at your usual wear points.

Edited by needmoregolf

yup, No1 is the softest/tackiest I've ever tried, but if you don't have a feather soft grip, they're gonna go quick at your usual wear points.

well thats not what i wanted to hear....haha you want a set of no1 grips in baby blue ????

So the No1s are softer than the Iomic Stickys? Ok thanks fellas!

Robbie, whatcha got there ;)

No. 1 was my number 1 and still one of the best but I am now using Masda slick for a change. The Masda is very soft also.

So the No1s are softer than the Iomic Stickys? Ok thanks fellas!

Robbie, whatcha got there ;)

i got a set of no1 in baby blue...only 7 of them though.....got any multi compound platinum or Zcords or MCCs to trade ???

No. 1 was my number 1 and still one of the best but I am now using Masda slick for a change. The Masda is very soft also.

yes, I concur the Masda slicks are soft, but a firm soft if that makes any sense. they're not squishy which the no1's are IMO, but they definitely have a nice non-abrasive softness to them. just depends on what you're really looking for I guess

• 4 weeks later...

Most Sticky grip I've played is the Now on Ichi. It has a very sticky when wet top section and a softer patterned lower. The Softest grip is the Nowon No1 50 with their deeper dimple pattern. Most people that try it say the grip feels too flexible. I find it soft and somewhat sticky. NMG above said it best... squishy.

I'd really like to try a Masda but as the minimum order quantity has put me off.

Edited by cuistot

I use a component grip that's made of some kind of rubber. I clean it with a good wipe of kerosene or gasoline and it comes out softer and way tacky, though you need to air it overnight to be rid of the smell. Right now I'm looking for a source of sprits that don't have the smell, but I've been looking for a long time now and am still unlucky. The wipe does not work with the expensive multi compound grips, for me anyway. However I'm satisfied with the component grips I've sourced so no loss for me.

Shambles

I use a component grip that's made of some kind of rubber. I clean it with a good wipe of kerosene or gasoline and it comes out softer and way tacky, though you need to air it overnight to be rid of the smell. Right now I'm looking for a source of sprits that don't have the smell, but I've been looking for a long time now and am still unlucky. The wipe does not work with the expensive multi compound grips, for me anyway. However I'm satisfied with the component grips I've sourced so no loss for me.

Shambles

I think Naptha might give you what you're looking for. Gotta get away from that kerosene/gasoline, that's nasty!

I think Naptha might give you what you're looking for. Gotta get away from that kerosene/gasoline, that's nasty!

Naptha is probably what would work, or some sort of scentless spirits. Kerosene isn't all that bad except for the smell. It really is a bit resistent to burning even if it's used to fuel small lamps. It takes a moment against the flame before it lights up. Nothing like Alcohol or Gasoline. Anyway, back to topic, soft and tacky seems mostly dependent upon the material the grip is made of. You can also soften the grips a little by scrunching it at application, or harden it by stretching, with the tradeoff being the length of the grip. Can't do much but I find it enough to feel the difference. :)

Shambles

Gasoline? Really? Wow. Don't pull a Bobby Fuller!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...