Shaft recommendation for Ryoma D1 driver

magpies

Hello fellow TSGers,

I am currently in a dilemma as I recently purchase a Ryoma D1 driver 10.5 and do not know which shaft should I put on it.

I was told the Ryoma D1 driver has low CG and low spin. Thus a mid kick point and higher launching shaft would benefit me.

The shafts I am considering are the Diamana R series or the Fubuki J series both in 60 Stiff.

My swing speed base on trackman with my ping g30 10* is about 104. Currently using the Fubuki J series on my Ping g30. My average driver distance is about 220m.

Would appreciate all feedback and any kind soul for guidance.

Edited by magpies

Chris can get you a Ryoma Beyond Power shaft. I think that should be a perfect shaft.....

I have owned a few Ryoma driver , currently gaming a ST version, my experience .... i have played a few different shafts, other than the stock shaft, Tour AD BB6 , AAA 2013, AAA 2015. Yes the driver has low CG and low spin, not sure if u still need the higher launching shaft since yours already 10.5. so far the AAA work the best for me thats why i buy the AAA2015 after sold the AAA2013.

Edited by Steven Lam

I have owned a few Ryoma driver , currently gaming a ST version, my experience .... i have played a few different shafts, other than the stock shaft, Tour AD BB6 , AAA 2013, AAA 2015. Yes the driver has low CG and low spin, not sure if u still need the higher launching shaft since yours already 10.5. so far the AAA work the best for me thats why i buy the AAA2015 after sold the AAA2013.

Is the tour ad bb6 good for the old ryoma d1? Other than AAA any other shaft you heard that work? I prefer Mid kick point

It was on my Maxima, BB6 is good too but not as smooth as the AAA. I never try other shaft so i will leave it for other member to answer your question. If u are interested on the BB6 pm me.

I have a Quadra Fire Express Max WBQ shaft in mine and love it. Great combination.

TRPX AIR, long , long , long.......

Thanks guys, I fitted it with a Diamana R in the end. It performs the same as my Ping g30. Decided to let it go and got a brand new Epon AF 153 9.5 driver head.

Any shaft recommendation for this head then? :tsg_smiley_drool:

I reckon a a Diamana Stinger 70 would work great in that head, and it just so happens I know where one is. Lol.

I reckon a a Diamana Stinger 70 would work great in that head, and it just so happens I know where one is. Lol.

I prefer a 60 S shaft. Lol. Dont think i can handle a 70.

The original Quadra Fire Express get my vote

What seems to be the problem with it's performance with the current shaft?

What are you trying to achieve? Lower? more roll? straighter? that will help greatly.

Also your age/handicap/driver swing speed/ tempo, if you don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...