New 2015 PRGR Egg UT

TourSpecGolfer

This thing is awesome! Not released till Early Sept TSG has got it's hands on some early and also have it in the proshop for only $249 as a pre order.

I'm positive first batch will go quickly, more to come from PRGR this week!

DSC00634-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00637-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00625-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00628-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00622-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00624-Edit-Edit.jpg

Finally they get it right.... a UT with less offset !!

Curious, how come everyone hates offset? Is it just a looks thing everyone doesn't like or some other reason... I always hear how much everyone hates offset...

Finally they get it right.... a UT with less offset !!

The EGG UTS have never had much offset even going back to the 1st gen UT.

Looks great!

Just when I'm getting used to the Egg i+ 3UT & 5UT, they come up with a new model..

Looking forward to finding out how much different they are to the previous model..

Might not be tempted to pull the trigger if there's no significant reason to..

But Egg UTs are amazingly forgiving and easy to use.. That's for sure..

Edited by Daveraul

Curious, how come everyone hates offset? Is it just a looks thing everyone doesn't like or some other reason... I always hear how much everyone hates offset...

Everyone here plays irons with offset just different amounts of it so no one is fully anti offset, the fact remains that offset is a very good thing for most players.

from golfsmith:

Proper Iron Swing

An offset club naturally puts your hands in front of the club head. In the address position, your hands are on the shaft, while the club head is angled back a bit. This helps when swinging an iron because -- in a conventional iron swing -- you should be striking “down and through the ball,” with your hands leading the club head through the point of impact, according to swing coach Butch Harmon. PGA professional John Graham says an offset club offers “a better angle of attack” and “helps produce an impact with your hands in front of the club head.”

Center of Gravity

The main purpose of an offset club head is to help players who tend to slice. One way in which the offset helps to limit or cure the slice is by moving the club head’s center of gravity farther from the shaft. Former “Golf Digest” equipment editor Peter Farricker explained that the farther the center of gravity is from the shaft, “the better chance you have of squaring the club face.”

Squaring the Club Face

By pushing the club head a bit farther back from the shaft line, an offset club also helps to limit slices caused by open club faces because its structure “gives the head a little more time for the club face to square up at impact,” says PGA professional Don Trahan. By offsetting the club face, impact with the ball is delayed “a split-second longer,” according to Farricker. But that split second may be all that you need to square the club face and avoid a slice.

Downside

Some golf professionals worry that by using an offset club as a crutch to cure a slice, a player either won’t improve his swing and learn how to square the club face on his own, or he will improve his mechanics, in which case the offset may turn the cured slice into a bad hook. Trahan says offset clubs “serve a good purpose for helping golfers who don’t have the skills or time to develop the skills to play better golf and shoot lower scores by hitting better and straighter golf shots.” He recommends that golfers learn proper mechanics, then play with non-offset clubs.

Looks great!

Just when I'm getting used to the Egg i+ 3UT & 5UT, they come up with a new model..

Looking forward to finding out how much different they are to the previous model..

Might not be tempted to pull the trigger if there's no significant reason to..

But Egg UTs are amazingly forgiving and easy to use.. That's for sure..

Very different, they are more player for sure and have a better look at address, it produces a trajectory with noticeably less ballooning, I would still suggest Egg i+ for the mid-higher handicapper but I'm sure low and some of the mid cappers would choose the new Eggs based on looks alone. Of course the Egg i+ is easier to hit high but it also has a wider dispersion imo less accuracy.

I can tell the tip of the standard shaft made for this new egg is firmer and perhaps the kick point higher but as far as materials and how they evolved the technology it's an upgrade for sure to an already amazing UT Iron style club.

I have to try different UT shafts to see what is possible.

Any chance these would be able to be bent (lie angle) flatter?

do egg ut's benefit from shaft changes or do most guys play what's stock because prgr does innovative things with their setups to maximize the head design?

my impression is a lot of people play the driver and woods with stock setups where they have shaft upgrades in their other fw's/drivers. am I way off base?

do egg ut's benefit from shaft changes or do most guys play what's stock because prgr does innovative things with their setups to maximize the head design?

my impression is a lot of people play the driver and woods with stock setups where they have shaft upgrades in their other fw's/drivers. am I way off base?

I've never been a fan of the standard from PRGR because I don't hit them as well as others. That doesn't mean it won't work for someone else though.

yes I notice what you have that many of our PRGR customers use the standard shaft, I'm just not one of them. Shafts are such a personal thing.

I just asked and will post the answer shortly.

Also interested Chris.

Given the length, I would be interested in a #3 but would want about 59* lie angle (1 1/2* flat)

Thanks,

Pete

Also interested Chris.

Given the length, I would be interested in a #3 but would want about 59* lie angle (1 1/2* flat)

Thanks,

Pete

Thank you and I should have an answer in a day or two about the bending.

Thank you and I should have an answer in a day or two about the bending.

p

Any word back yet Chris about flatter lie angles?

Thanks for the info on offset. Although I can benefit from hands more in front of the face at contact the risk hooking even more often negates that.

So this Egg hybrid and new fairway wood, with a very stout, low spin/launch shaft could work for a very hard and aggressive swinger like me? Any idea what the head weights are? Eggs are often way too light for me...

Any chance these would be able to be bent (lie angle) flatter?

Got word and unfortunately none of the egg's can have a flatter lie from the factory :(

Thanks Chris.

• 5 years later...

I have destroyed the shaft of my PRGR 2015 egg UT, someone knos the tip diameter? 0.370?

thanks to all four your help

Most hybrids are .370, so are can't see this being anything else.

Well ...Japanese UT are still split between .350 and .370...   many are adopting the .370 these days but not all. 

• 3 weeks later...