PRGR Egg Fairway Wood 2015

TourSpecGolfer

Had a great couple of weeks with this club, even with the stock shaft. The #5 goes further than my current 3 wood!

Full review coming this week please stay tuned.

post-18-0-24548900-1439843204_thumb.jpg

Sheet Molding Compound...?

Would this work for someone like me? I'm looking for a new, easy to hybrid and 3 wood.

Egg is also good for retrieving balls out of water hazards.

Multi purpose all around great club.

Egg is also good for retrieving balls out of water hazards.

Multi purpose all around great club.

Lol. Never had the chance to try this.....

Dare I ask? Left handed model? PLEASE?

Sheet Molding Compound...?

That is a new type of CFRP carbon crown, remember the TR340 etc Drivers? PRGR has been at the forefront of using carbon plastics in the for a very long time not the First but the most interesting and well thought out designs using carbon reinforced plastics.

Would this work for someone like me? I'm looking for a new, easy to hybrid and 3 wood.

Absolutely it would, how PRGR measures it they are 3* open face angle standard in all lofts but when hitting it seemed square to slightly open.

Dare I ask? Left handed model? PLEASE?

I'm sorry no as I often say to all our lefty members Japan unfortunately is only made up of 2% lefties :(

Nice! Very space age looking. Like it a lot.

I'm looking forward in seeing if this new Egg can out perform my S-Yard XV 3 Wood. I did have the 3rd generation and I probably hit some of the longest drives off a Tee than I have with any other 3 wood. I would occasionally top the ball from the fairway which make is less consistent than my S-Yard that I now have. So soon I shall find out. I do like the looks of this new model over all the other previous ones.

I'm looking forward in seeing if this new Egg can out perform my S-Yard XV 3 Wood. I did have the 3rd generation and I probably hit some of the longest drives off a Tee than I have with any other 3 wood. I would occasionally top the ball from the fairway which make is less consistent than my S-Yard that I now have. So soon I shall find out. I do like the looks of this new model over all the other previous ones.

I'll be interested to hear your comparison.

What is up with the 3* open club face. I have never seen an egg before with anything but a closed face. I have only seen one or two though. Fairway wood is the weak part of my game, been thinking of getting one of these for a while now. Anyone have one and want to be rid of it or any comments on which year might be best? I prefer a square clubface, if anything 1 degree open is ok but 3 is a bit much.

• 4 weeks later...

Well mine arrived today as I waiting to be called out to work ao I was only able to go to the driving range. I never hit off the Tee just off the mats. I hit about 20+ ball with both the NEW EGG and my S-Yard XV 3 wood. I started off hitting the XV and I actually didn't think I would do as well with the EGG but I'm impressed. I can't give you accurate numbers but really both were pretty impressive with the EGG the ball seemed to jump off the face faster which gave me the feeling that distance barely went to the EGG.

Now after I got warmed up it was cleared that I was hitting it farther with the EGG around 230-240 easily. In fact my S-Yard XV 5 wood was about as long as my XV 3 wood as both seem identical in size and shape except for loft and length of the shaft. This is one reason why I wanted to try out the NEW EGG as I wanted to look down when I addressed the ball and tell I was hitting my 3 wood and not 5 wood. I can feel the weight of the head on my XV which I liked as the EGG is lighter but on my miss hit (thin) I would still get plenty of distance compared to the XV. I would send low missiles running out at about 220 yds. and straight. The new EGG is pretty forgiving compare to the 3rd Gen. that I once had. Feel is better than my 3rd Gen. Both XV and 2015 EGG felt nice, sounded good but I think the NEW 2015 EGG is more forgiving. The sweet spot seems bigger as I didn't suffer from my mis-hits like I did with the XV.

I'm more used to the traditional look of the XV but the EGG reminds me of the old Cleveland Hi-Bore hybrids I once had and loved. The size is smaller on the EGG but the shape is something you can get used to as it has a deeper face. PRGR has a winner here as well as the S-Yard, it's just too bad they went out of business as I would love to see what they would have came out with next. The 2015 is my new weapon for those tighter fairways and long par 5's. Later this week I plan on taking it out to some of my favorite courses where I good 3 wood shot will make a big difference in my score. So hope others sound off after they get there hands on the NEW EGG. fairway wood.

I finally got to use it on the course as it's funny how little you sometimes use a certain club. What I should have done was just Tee off with it on every hole except for the par 3's. Right now I'm getting better results with my driver than I have ever with any other but my 2 shots with this wonderful addition I just acquired I'm impressed. On a short par 4 295 yds I was about 5 yds short and on a 366 yd. par 4 I was left with maybe 70 yds for my 2nd shot. Ball flight seemed mid and laser straight. The ball really jumps off the face. So glad I came back to the EGG Spoon

• 1 year later...

Well long story short and a another season under my belt I let the Spoon go for a price I could say no too. Tried the Exoctics EX9 just a nice and long but about the same in the forgiveness area. I found a deal on the Ryoma F2 13* as this will now be my new gamer for 2017. Should be here in 2-3 weeks.