UPDATE !!!!!Homemade Flame finish * Make sure your Putter is UNPLATED*

robbie

this is what happens when u have a pricey putter u can't sell.....i loved the putter but the glare from the polished finish was ridiculous

post-1360-0-96239300-1440010446_thumb.jp

Ahhh......so you Flame it

post-1360-0-82510600-1440010638_thumb.jp

Flame it some more

post-1360-0-16602300-1440010773_thumb.jp

Too splotchy.....Flame it to death !

post-1360-0-00401700-1440010910_thumb.jp

Edited by robbie

Hmmmm......now the final test is can i apply blue away and restore it back to original !

hahahahahahhaahha. YES!!!!!!

ok u mean literally just get a torch nad burn ththing.. pls tell me more i have SEVERAL.. shiny silver ones id love to put t othe sword.

doesn the material its made form matter much ?

il get my builder t od oit, think hed love it!

its just a torch....i know it works on stainless steel and carbon steel.....haha but I'm not sure yet if i can buff it back to original....i know there are several products like Blue Away and CLN and Bar Keepers friend which supposedly restore it back to original and people have had the best results after the fourth pass......make sure you remove all paint and all glue and then flame away !!!! haha i didn't even try a test run....straight to my GSS Piretti !!!!

Now I'm also thinking of stripping the paint off a driver crown and torching it. Ti is even prettier after heat!

Don't try this on a plated putter !!!!!!

* but if u already have ruined your putter, may i suggest something from my lovely collection of Bettinardis :tsg_smiley_sun:

Edited by robbie

Nice job. Back in "the day" everybody had an old putter and an old sand wedge. The flame finish gives the putter that "vintage" look which to my eye is really cool.