"gelling the heads....,"

supo

Does anyone know hat this actually means............................. ?

well. i i do now.,

i was in my builders a cp, of nights back and he was gelling one of my heads.

the prgr egg 1 gettting a tataki 70xs at 46inch........ wowwwwwwwwwwww dragon wil this be a beauty!

anyway 'Gel" is a sticky vaseline looking substance in a big tin that gets heated up poured into thehad like water , it settles on the base in which ever way u want it (striaght normally) and goes back to its glug like existance. amazing stuff. feels unreal to hit when its been gelled and works a treat.

i was like

huh thats how u do it

dont touch the stuff tho ull never get it off. its like treacle and nato combined!

Edited by supo67

Hotmelt resembles honey when it is heated up ......

Isn't it called rat glue? And yes, kinda brown/yellow in colour

I believe that what you are describing is Rat Glue. Very sticky when heated up and appears brown/yellow in color

HAHA.....and why is your Vaseline brown color ?????

• 2 weeks later...

People used to make their own by boiling bones, wood and other stuff in the melting pot. Way back people used glue, also called animal glue, to catch birds, other wild life for dinner and, of course, rats to reduce the pest population. Used to be a common skill making glue to different strengths but these days we just buy it in a tube or bottle. I read a book on it once but the ease of buying to spec made the subject less interesting.

If all you need is a filler material that stays soft to absorb vibration and possibly add a bit of weight you might want to take a look at the different types of glue available.

Shambles