What other hobby do you have that you...

That you buy this much equipment or accessories for?

For me there are several areas I go overboard at times

Camera Gear

Computer Gear

Watches

used to be cars..

What is it for you?

Photography for me, although I have calmed down with hardware at the moment and am trying to improve my processing....

Also, spend a lot of time with music. Mostly classical ......(and also am an hopeless audiophile....whatever that means:)

Watches...

Another "sickness unto death..." <g>

My hobbies have jumped around thru the years.

For many years it has been riding and modding motorcycles ... but I quit riding at age 42 ( "Yakudoshi" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakudoshi ) to avoid any unlucky events while riding.

My love of Carbon Fiber and Ti products roots back to this hobby.

Then Headphones for a while... "Headroom" is headquartered in Bozeman, MT !! for those who know what they are.

Built my own CMOY headphone amp in an Altoid tin can. This hobby did not last too long. Not enough Carbon or Ti

( just now getting back into listening to Hi Res music with my Sony MDR-CD900ST headphones. )

Then I turned to Bicycles and modding .... bought a few Keirin fixed gear bikes and even learned to lace wheels...

Still have one Keirin bike with a "Presto" frame that was originally built for an "S" class Keirin racer. Full NJS components on this one. I love steel lugged frames. Also have a Schwinn Paramount 70th Anniv frame sitting in a box in my garage.

My main road bike now is a Merlin Cyrene Ti pimped up with some nice Ti and Carbon components from a few years back.

5 years ago re-started golfing.. have not looked back since!

I get lots of exposure to Ti and Carbon/graphite products with this hobby!

Looking back, there seems to be a common theme.

I think I have some fetish with specialized material like Titanium, Carbon Fiber, Carbon Steel, Leather ...

I am now looking to see if someone can build a Stand bag and Headcovers using Kevlar cloth.

World's first truly "bullet proof" golf bag..... :)

Edited by nobmontana

Cool stuff, nob.

My hobbies have jumped around thru the years.

For many years it has been riding and modding motorcycles ... but I quit riding at age 42 ( "Yakudoshi" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakudoshi ) to avoid any unlucky events while riding.

My love of Carbon Fiber and Ti products roots back to this hobby.

Then Headphones for a while... "Headroom" is headquartered in Bozeman, MT !! for those who know what they are.

Built my own CMOY headphone amp in an Altoid tin can. This hobby did not last too long. Not enough Carbon or Ti

( just now getting back into listening to Hi Res music with my Sony MDR-CD900ST headphones. )

Then I turned to Bicycles and modding .... bought a few Keirin fixed gear bikes and even learned to lace wheels...

Still have one Keirin bike with a "Presto" frame that was originally built for an "S" class Keirin racer. Full NJS components on this one. I love steel lugged frames. Also have a Schwinn Paramount 70th Anniv frame sitting in a box in my garage.

My main road bike now is a Merlin Cyrene Ti pimped up with some nice Ti and Carbon components from a few years back.

5 years ago re-started golfing.. have not looked back since!

I get lots of exposure to Ti and Carbon/graphite products with this hobby!

Looking back, there seems to be a common theme.

I think I have some fetish with specialized material like Titanium, Carbon Fiber, Carbon Steel, Leather ...

I am now looking to see if someone can build a Stand bag and Headcovers using Kevlar cloth.

World's first truly "bullet proof" golf bag..... :)

Here you go Carbon + Titanium ;)

post-18-0-12213200-1440692308_thumb.png

That's sweet. Does that come with a feature to travel thru time? or turn into an Autobot :)

and where are the Titanium exhaust pipes on that thing?

Wine has become my passion the past 5 years. Started with collecting wine and moved on to buying wine that i could hold on to and then drink. It is a great hobby that i am still learning.

Nob, you reminded me that I still have a motorcycle. Plenty of Ti and carbon on that. Even though I was near the front of the carbon frenzy, I tried to avoid both because they were too "raceboy" to me. I went with a custom Inconel exhaust (better than Ti for header applications) and magnesium rims at first. The final edition ended up with BST carbon rims and Akrapivic Ti exhaust. Almost bought full carbon body work a few months ago but stopped myself since I only ride a few times per year anymore.

Nob, you reminded me that I still have a motorcycle. Plenty of Ti and carbon on that. Even though I was near the front of the carbon frenzy, I tried to avoid both because they were too "raceboy" to me. I went with a custom Inconel exhaust (better than Ti for header applications) and magnesium rims at first. The final edition ended up with BST carbon rims and Akrapivic Ti exhaust. Almost bought full carbon body work a few months ago but stopped myself since I only ride a few times per year anymore.

Sweet! I had a Ducati 851 and then a Bimota DB2 while in Japan. Up in the Hakone mountains pretty much every weekend.

When I moved to Montana, no local Ducati delaers... so i had a couple of Kawi's, a ZRX1100 wiith Akra Ti pipes and then and a

Z1000 but we have no curvy roads here .. so I mostly used it for commuting. Wanting to get a classic Duc 900SS or something for those occasional urges to ride.

Sweet! I had a Ducati 851 and then a Bimota DB2 while in Japan. Up in the Hakone mountains pretty much every weekend.

When I moved to Montana, no local Ducati delaers... so i had a couple of Kawi's, a ZRX1100 wiith Akra Ti pipes and then and a

Z1000 but we have no curvy roads here .. so I mostly used it for commuting. Wanting to get a classic Duc 900SS or something for those occasional urges to ride.

Nice collection!! I had the original '88 Honda Hurricane then the first year 600 F2 and then went to school full time and sold them. I got back into riding when Yamaha introduced the R6 in '99 but the very next year I couldn't resist Ducati when the decided to homologate the 2000 748R. I've had it ever since and doubt anyone will ever offer me enough to let it go. Edited by chiromikey

hmmm

for me and in no particular order

• high end watches
  • car repair & detailing
  • photography
  • salt water fish tanks
  • building computers

thats about it. i have paired down the watches and saltwater tanks but i still keep up with them.

hmmm

for me and in no particular order

• high end watches
  • car repair & detailing
  • photography
  • salt water fish tanks
  • building computers
thats about it. i have paired down the watches and saltwater tanks but i still keep up with them.

I've been a hardcore reef keeper most of my life! good to know someone here feels the same pleasure I do, and pain...

That's a great list mr.haha! I haven't been heavy into the salt water tanks in a while but I do have one still going in the lobby of my office. I'd love to see some pics of yours if you don't mind sharing.

Here's mine...

7906C5B8-F880-4B48-BAB6-698D29787E76_zps

I used to be into salt water too but with too much traveling and too little time, my tank crash a few years back and I completely gave up.

I've been a hardcore reef keeper most of my life! good to know someone here feels the same pleasure I do, and pain...

Is a great hobby and very rewarding especially when your e growing those rare sps and lps corals. But man the maintenance is a beast which makes going on vacation very difficult.

used to be into:

scuba diving

photography

cycling

watches

but then i took up golf and most of my energy and passion

has been consumed by this crazy maddening sport. my other

passion for lifting weights and going to the gym compliements this.

and single malts

single matls. not sure if that a hobby....,

putting, does that count as a hobby ?, bec i spend an inordinate amount of time ( practising the wrong things evidently!) on putting.

Guitars, have 7 electric guitars at the moment.

Interesting watches and photography seem to be a common theme. Definitely photography for me, watches as well, audio/video equipment, cars. We must all share a fairly similar personality trait of some kind.

Hmmm... All over the map for me.

1. Mountain biking - current

2. Fast American muscle cars - on hold

3. Fine wine - once had 1000 bottles, but sold off

4. Crossfit - mixed with Bikram Yoga

5. Custom motorcycles - in the way past