Next time you go to Japan pick these up...

http://fitear.jp/music/

They are available elsewhere but not the Custom series which needs to be done in person.

Also they require a Japanese address & proof you live there (custom series only) or they won't let you buy it for fear of exporting.

I don't know of better ear pieces than this.

i think these are whats called in ear monitors and yes, professionals use it on stage so they can hear what goes into the mixer without all the screaming and craziness from the audience. gets really good isolation of outer noise.

best pair of earphones i have are the Etymotic ER4 . They get pretty good isolation too but the ones Chris mentions actually custom mold the earpiece to perfectly fit your ear canal. near perfect isolation as a result.

I don't own these but a good customer was trying to figure out a way to get custom fit without proof of Japanese address.

Next time I head to Japan I'm going to get custom fit for sure. I think they run about 500 bucks I'm not sure.

I don't own these but a good customer was trying to figure out a way to get custom fit without proof of Japanese address.

Next time I head to Japan I'm going to get custom fit for sure. I think they run about 500 bucks I'm not sure.

At $500 that is more than reasonable, the JH audio custom series that is available in the US start at over $1000 I believe, and they have a list of places all over north america than you can get a mold made of your ears and ship it to them and they will custom make yours with various colour options, etc.

as well JH audio has some no custom's that are crazy expensive as well, $1500+ up to over $2500 for the JH audio Layla