diamana X VS labospec tataki.. both 70sx ish..

supo

PRGR egg1 , 7.5* x 45.75 labospec tataki (vs 44.5 diaman X......, same head)

the egg driver has not been outta my bag for any important game since i found it and first twiddled with it months ago , granted the stock shaft is excellent (also a diamana) but the upper shelf shafts really make this thing sing.

its not for everyone thast for sure but for those it is its a one of those mystical white horse things with a horn on its snout and a big furry tail.

so this being my 3rd egg 1 the instructions to bossman builder was simple, build me a dragon slayer.

i want it looooooooooooooooooooooooooong

i want this is whistle.

so build it he did and slayer , it is.

its a bit whippy.

its a bit long

its a bit light

its a bit tinnngy

it goes long. it goes flat , it feel unreal and it goes left.

IT ........................GOES.........................LEFT!!!!!!

good heavens , hell wuda frozen over b4 i thoughth this cud go "the other way" , but so this one does, so the first 5 drives iht 2 cars ,a japan post truck, a carp and a tanuki!!!

all over the left ob fence, had nothing to do with the ball moving 40 yards in the air, it was simply my normal aim position down the left hand edge turning over!

yup it took some getting used to aiming correctly and when i finally did, i was smiling.

flight is flat and low to mid low , def NOT high def NOT mid its still a very piercing driver which holds true to all the heads its in, the 70xs tataki shaft is a low piercer.

its a thing of beauty and its much easier to hit than the dia X

so where does it sit vs the diamana X 70s a-gamer??

well i was playing for baahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stations sat, so i wasnt in any mood to fk about , i was taking out the no1 driver and it got down to 3 or 4 drives on the range at the end of the warm up to decide that i prob needed to hit balls with it on course with it b4 i took tit out for coin or comp.

i was "that close" to doing it , bec the extra lenght i was getting wudda broken the baron, but the dia X is not slouch so being on the shorties is a BIG advantage, so t i went with safety first and took the diamana.

pretty glad i did bec i killed it.

my idiotic habit of benching things bec they are perfect was removed this day .

and it saved me big time

the diaman X is just so reliable and its just automoatic. its hard to hit really well, but when i get it middled its a keper, its not uber long , but misses with it are superb, i get away with murder with this shaft , somehting i just dont ge with others , i have to admit it tkaes plenty of mental fortitude to get my head around it and BELIEVE no matter hat swing i put on to draw, its never ever gonna be lost on the left...

ever.

so i can make my swing with virtual certianty that everyting i hit to the left ill be ok and once again it proved that with stunning consistancy.

its really the top dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwg.

so why build anohter ?

well. simply put diamana DONT really make shafts that add feel and loveliness to heads. they are pretty bland to be honest akin in my eyes to a v8 merc just so nice to flog along to without having to wait for a turbo to kick in , and most of the golf ipl ay these days is practice so i can and want to play really good feeling sounding clubs ,the tataki is really one of those shafts that add spice to the dullest of meats,

diawa on the other hand are pretty close to the opposite , thier shafts to me are like a subaru imprezza. all top end , all foot down then kapooooooooooooooooooooow when the tubo hits, and why i love t he new shingo 358 so much. nad why iwanted my fave head on this shaft

well i got it, but i havt taken it out on track with its compettors, somethnig ill have to do soon to really get a feel for it, but right now iwas happy withit and i think when i get it vs the others on corse itll more than prove its linage.

its like the Hayne -train- plane waiing inth wings to take t he 49ers back to where they belong!!