Yururi Tataki, JBeam BM535, Romaro 455LX - personal experiences

laudney

I had a fairly long range session earlier today. Below are my experiences.

1. Yururi Tataki wedges

​Among the wedges I've used (not many, just Mizuno MP-T4, Fourteen RM-21 and Yururi Tataki), Tataki is simply the very best. When I middle it, the feeling is unique, sensational and hard to describe but in my head it's like an egg heated to extremely high temperature and exploding. It's super soft and hot. The spin is ridiculous for conforming wedges. All balls stop dead after one or two hops. This set is just deadly within 100 yards.

The raw black finish looks special. I made enough choji oil (pure mineral oil + 1% clove oil) to last a few years.. I routinely clean the Tatakis with it and they look gorgeous.

2. JBeam BM535

The shaft I use is Graphite Design AD-MJ 5s, 46-inch. BM535 head looks a bit narrower at address (top to bottom) than other drivers and definitely looks deep. For some reason, the shape just gives me immediate confidence. I hit it at the start of the session and every one was a high draw dead straight. The sound is solid but not loud. The launch is super easy and mid-high. I cannot be happier with it.

3. Romaro 455LX

The shaft is stock RJ-TB stiff 46-inch. 455LX head looks wider than BM535 and clearly shallower. It launches the ball very high, not too high, but definitely higher than BM535. What really shocked me was the forgiveness for toe hit. I hit two shots clearly on the toes and to my astonishment, the balls went dead straight both times, just a tad lower and suffered negligible distance. This is the first time I've experienced this in a driver.

I love the Yururi Tataki wedge as well. My favorite wedge for around the greens, out of the rough. I can't believe the spine for conforming grooves either.