Loud, or odd, sounding JDM Drivers?

White03

Guys

Very new to JDM market, but seriously looking into trying a JDM driver. Reading all I can find and Google on JDM drivers and one thing that seems to be mentioned several times is that JDM driver heads are loud when struck. As I think I have narrowed my search to Ryoma Special Tuning heads, this may be more a statement on those heads as opposed to all heads.

What do you guys think, are they loud (especially interested in special tuning heads)? And if so has anyone tried to quite them down (ie cotton balls or hot melt)?

Thank you and have mercy, I'm new to JDM...:)

LOUD??? Lol. Depends on the manufacturer. I think that some jBEAM's are loud but Yamaha and Kamui Works are not.

Guys

Very new to JDM market, but seriously looking into trying a JDM driver. Reading all I can find and Google on JDM drivers and one thing that seems to be mentioned several times is that JDM driver heads are loud when struck. As I think I have narrowed my search to Ryoma Special Tuning heads, this may be more a statement on those heads as opposed to all heads.

What do you guys think, are they loud (especially interested in special tuning heads)? And if so has anyone tried to quite them down (ie cotton balls or hot melt)?

Thank you and have mercy, I'm new to JDM...:)

Not loud for the most part, depends on which driver you choose.

How about the Ryoma Special Tuning, who has hit it and what does it sound like?

Not loud regardless of what it's compared to. Much more of a thud/thwaak sound, no klank.

Check out this YouTube channel "tomoyuris". The guy has videos of pretty much all JDM drivers...

https://www.youtube.com/user/tomoyuris

• 3 weeks later...