kurokage shafts

supo

No but I'm VERY interested in trying one out. They're supposed to be Mitsubishi's premiere shaft these days. Rori uses one and a bunch of other guys. Super super stable tip. I have the Aldila Rogue 125MSI that won like 21 times this past year on the Tour and I don't know if it's the shaft or the ZY-11 head but I can't stop hooking it. If it is indeed the shaft I'll be selling it and trying one of these.

I have a lot of experience with the Kuro Kages.

I have been gaming the Kuro Kage proto tini in both 70s and 60s (this shaft version is the predecessor of the XT shaft) after a fitting last year. I was fitted to a KK proto tini 70S tipped. Played that until the KK XT was released earlier this year. Bought the XT in both 60s and 70s.

These KK shafts (proto tini and XT) are different than the black or silver tini series. The XT and Proto tini are extremely tip stiff and keep the ball down very low. I think the shaft works well for players that hit the ball very high and have aggressive down tempos. My friends who are all scratch and have smooth transitions have a hard time getting my drivers up in the air. If you hit the ball low, this shaft is not for you.

I was gaming the XT 70s in a Epon 102 9.5 loft for most of the year. Worked out really nicely, although I would have preferred less spin. So I ended up getting a jbeam blackout 9 head to lower my flight and reduce spin. I shafted it with the XT70s and my misses would be low hooks. The combination of the low flight shaft paired with a low head jbeam wasnt working out as it really wanted to go left. No joke, my friends who bomb drivers 300 yards easy could barely get the ball in the air with this combo past 150-200 yards haha. I could still get the ball up fine, but again my misses were low left pulls. I reshafted the jbeam with a XT 60s which helped a bit but still similar misses.

I ended up going back to the proto tini in 60s with the Jbeam head and perfect flight! push draws all day! Strong trajectory.

The proto tinis compared to the XT are a little softer in the tip and produces slightly higher flight than the xts. So I strongly suggest deciding on the shaft depending on the head you plan to use.

Edited by Aston55

Sorry, slightly OT but I must say that my misses with that JBeam 435 Blackout was exactly that. It was so hard to get it in the air and I kept hitting low hooks. I tried a couple of shafts (Messenger 1st SX and Diamana) and had no luck at all....It's so good to hear it wasn't just me!

OP If the KK shafts fit your swing, its a phenomenol shaft in so many ways. Misses dont balloon but are straight and strong. Control and feel can't get much better imo. However, If you like to feel an active tip this shaft is not for you. As reference, I recently shafted a TRPX Aura SX shaft in an indentical jbeam blackout and it is way more tip active than the KKs in both 60s and 70s.