What's the word on Japan market TM M1 Driver?

nobmontana

Being a user of a carbon composite driver, I am interested in this new series from TM.

The FW head looks awesome as well. Wish they came in all black.

Hoping they'd do black for the Japan edition!

Edited by nobmontana

Don't several drivers already have composite heads. They just paint them all one color so you can tell it visually. M1 is a marketing ploy, it's not new or different.

Sure , but I think at one point in time more manufaturers had composite heads and they kind of moved away from it... except for Callaway... and now it seems like they are coming back. As I recall, this is the first attempt by Taylormade.

and I just think the timing is interesting because one of the hottest JDM drivers currently is the Grandista, also with a composite crown.

Also with the advances in carbon composite material, They maybe at a point where they can design the crown to have a very speicific flex characteristic?

Don't several drivers already have composite heads. They just paint them all one color so you can tell it visually. M1 is a marketing ploy, it's not new or different.

With more buttons....

But i agree. Until the average Golfer is able to repeat his swing, which he's not, these adjustments only make it more

difficult to dial a driver in. Players think they can adjust a driver to make up for their lousy non repeatable swing.

Money spent on lessons would go a lot farther.

The Ft Tour was a bomber, if this club is like the FT tour but more forgiving, it would definitely be a stellar club !

Sure , but I think at one point in time more manufaturers had composite heads and they kind of moved away from it... except for Callaway... and now it seems like they are coming back. As I recall, this is the first attempt by Taylormade.

and I just think the timing is interesting because one of the hottest JDM drivers currently is the Grandista, also with a composite crown.

Also with the advances in carbon composite material, They maybe at a point where they can design the crown to have a very speicific flex characteristic?

I think that is very interesting what you say here, Nobs. You said only Callaways stuck to the concept of composite heads. Isn't Callaway now no. 1 in drivers??? Guess who was no. 1 in drivers before that. Well, I guess TaylorMade is trying to "copy" one of the features that is making Callaway drivers sucessfull currently. Not more, not less.

Having said that, I do like the looks of the M1.

My 2 cents is...

Many drivers already have composite crowns, what does a carbon crown do? it's lighter on top so CG can be lowered yet the vast majority of our members especially in the forum want higher CG so...

then there are the weight limitations by adding a shaft adapter (7g) to the neck and weight moving system (5+ g) so your screwed far more with these features than the savings a of carbon crown can create.

It doesn't matter who or what driver is #1 because US PGA Tour players do not have access to the best equipment in the world. They use what they are paid to play or what companies have tour vans on site.