Urgent... Best wet weather grips bar none are??..

supo

i'm using lamkin utx wrap , the best I found , don't use the classic utx , time life of 2 months max

http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/utx-wrap-golf-grips.html

love them in blue :)

and this on on my putter

http://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/utx-mega-paddle-putter-grips.html/

Edited by smstef

Are the Masda slicks any good in rain ????

I use rain gloves on both hands and it works perfect !

ahhhhhhhhhh yea they are ok, but i played in the phillipines a cpl of weeks back and it was drencehd and my hands slipped to many times. i ve got that hand glue stuff whcih worls pretty wel. but i want one set of wet weather clubs with THE best grips possible.

those lamkins are cheap!

from what ive read its the leather grips that com up trumps,,, but there cud be better stuff out now. just seiegn fi anyone has used somehting definitice.

Gotta go corded. Perfect Pro cord? New Decade Multi-Compound?

been using those cords for yrs,,,

love them. but thye get slippery. masda might be the best bec they are slick and i guess ican prob wipe them off theasiest as water wont stay in the grooves like the others do. bec there isnt any.

but thta kinda goes counter intuitive to tyres.. slicks in the dry.. soft in the wet , no ?

haha I'm curious myself about slicks in the rain...i have no idea how they play

imm going to gte a pairof those foot joy rain gloves. might save me a fortune in shaft swapping!

Best wet weather gloves are the Hirzl Trust Control or Hirzl Trust Feel. Kangaroo leather. Grips even better in the wet or humid conditions than dry. Last ages. You can even go 2-gloves - R & L. Equipped with Hirzl, it doesn't really matter that much which grips are on your clubs (well almost)!!

Leather is best - in the wet or the dry.

I've used Gripmaster in the past - very good. The cheapest of theirs the 'non wrap' players grip is the tackiest in wet weather.

I now use and love BestGrip Microperf leather grips, less taper for the right hand and also cheaper and good service. (If you're especially worried, ask them to include a small bottle of their solution they use to infuse the leather for tackiness...).

No need for a glove in heat and humidity or rain.

Best all weather grips I've ever used were the simple rubber type with deep wide grooves. Fit them a bit on the soft side and the edges of the grooves have a way of taking a bite into your hands, something like an off road tire. Worked very well for me in a monsoon I got cought in sometime back. Gloves, the Fit 39. Some kind of artificial material that works tremendously well be it wet or dry and does not stretch very much during a drenching but keeps on gripping even stretched. Returns to pretty much original size after blow drying strapped to a fan.

Shambles

no time to get them re shafted so i got those hirzl gloves, wholy moly these things stick!

not cheap.. on 40 bucks per glove, thye better last a while..!

Indeed, they do last a very long time as well! I get though a Hirzl in the time it takes me to wear out 3-4 premium cabrettas. Makes the Hirzls better value for money by a mile. Maintain their tack right to the end. Way grippier than cabretta.

• 4 weeks later...