This Guy's Actions really PMO

I really do try to keep an open mind and level of fairness/toleration for how owners of sites treat the paying and reading public. It's their bucks on the line and they have a vested interest in manuevering the direction of the site to generate income as best they can. Understandable. But when they put out BS to make a few extra bucks it really grates on me.

Case in Point: Another forum, not TSG, GO, GEA, Etc. Owner says he is basically torqued about the high ebay and paypal fees and that it makes his BST forum a good deal when compared to ebay. Nothing wrong with that. It may or not be true depending on your interpretation of Value VS. Cost.

But nonetheless, he was p'd about the 2 percent Paypal fee on transactions and stated as much in the thread. Another poster recommended he try the Paypal business feature where the costs of paypal drops from over 2% to less than 1%. Point 7 Percent to be exact.

I researched this and in order to lower this fee, the paypal account signs up for the feature. Gets charged 2.2% for incoming payments but can use a paypal debit card to purchase items on line, with any merchant, etc and gets 1.5% cash back on those purchases. Meaning the net cost is only .07 % Does not apply to ATM withdrawals etc.

Now assuming this Grand Pubah of tour equipment uses his Paypal account to purchase items with the debit card he would then only be incurring .07% charge, not 2% as he claims. And in fact there is no 2% charge anywhere on paypal. It is either 2.2 or 2.7. He can't even get this part right. Details Details Details.

And since he holds himself in such high esteem as the seller and procurer of multi-millions worth of gear (OK a bit of exageration) there is no way he wouldn't already be a business member and thus lowering his paypal incurred fees. BUT he continues to make it appear that his costs are higher and that he is justified in screwing his customers, even for a few dollars without a hint of guilt or remorse.

Any Comments?

bookin_4_nub , what you say has made a lot of sense . So if he is not already a business member then what the hell has he been doing .

This person you are referring to is either not on the ball or has never read any of the fine print that paypal has .

As to why have no idea , but from reading your post it does seem that he is trying to justify his higher costs to his members and the sad part about it is they will probably believe him and not say a word .

I'm not even going to try and guess who this person is and I don't want to know either , it just seems a bit strange that he would actually post this in his own forum for his members to read .

Thanks, guess I'm not out as far in left field on this one as I thought.

Interestingly, a year or so ago, the site had a great thread about how to better serve and provide to the customers. Many web educated and marketing gurus piped up and gave frank yet non judgemental opinions, suggestions and recommendations.. The type and detail of advise would have cost an arm and a leg to get from a formal consultant, yet it was offered free in the interest of making things better.

Not 1, count 'em, not 1 of the suggested ideas was adopted. The Best one I read was "Under Promise and Over Deliver".

Somehow he got that mixed up and continues to "Over Promise and Under Deliver".

I hate to see a site that offers the occassinal decent conversation and "hard to find" gear run into oblivion by a blow hard. But, it's his site and his rep and he can do as he pleases. No argument there!!

interesting and informative to read. thanks.

since you brought it up, why don't you find that post where the marketing/educated gurus gave that good info, click and hightlight it, click "copy" and repost it under this post. i would love to read it.

I have never really understood people asking for the paypal fees!!! As a retail store owner I get hit with fees everytime a customer uses his credit card to pay for merchandise or repair!!! I NEVER ask them for the fees!!! This is just part of doing business!!! I think this forum owner is driven by GREED!!! PERIOD!!!! Just remember that all thing move in full circle's!!! BTW be on the lookout for the new Grand Pubah in Tour Equipment!!!! Deal in the works details very soon!!!!!

Scott Owner Tour Tuned Golf

interesting and informative to read. thanks.

since you brought it up, why don't you find that post where the marketing/educated gurus gave that good info, click and hightlight it, click "copy" and repost it under this post. i would love to read it.

I recall that post also. I tried to search and came up empty. The thread was "moved" and when clicked upon is now EMPTY. All entries wiped slick!!

He obviously took all great info down from the viewing public's eye. Maybe he wanted to use it for his own personal use and NO ONE ELSEs.

But as mentioned earlier he hasn't done anything with the information other than deny others (his customers) some great detailed opinions and methods for WEB success.

"Hiding the sausage" works for awhile but always peters out eventually.

i take it that this information post was on the "other site", correct?

i am a little confused to what site this information post was on. here or the "other site"?

if he took it off it would look fishy since you can go on his site (and most other sites) and find BS/crap/a few words/no purpose posts pretty quickly that are a waste of space on a site (if you want a clean, informative site that is looks organized) but then that particular post disappears. why that post?

I have never really understood people asking for the paypal fees!!! As a retail store owner I get hit with fees everytime a customer uses his credit card to pay for merchandise or repair!!! I NEVER ask them for the fees!!! This is just part of doing business!!! I think this forum owner is driven by GREED!!! PERIOD!!!! Just remember that all thing move in full circle's!!! BTW be on the lookout for the new Grand Pubah in Tour Equipment!!!! Deal in the works details very soon!!!!!

Scott Owner Tour Tuned Golf

This is most enlightening statement about this subject I have ever seen. You're absolutely right. You want to run a business, you're going to have costs associated with it. Period. Thanks for making it!

Some business owners won't use AMEX b/c of the higher fees, then fine. But even Visa/MC charge something and you NEED to accept one of them.

I help out with an organization that recieves membership dues via paypal... we recieve about 1000 $60 transactions every 6 months... now that is some serious paypal action! We simply must add in this cost with our overhead. But when you think about it if say you were dealing with money orders you would have to be constantly running to the bank. I am sure the many hours for handling those transactions would quickly overcome the 2% per transaction paypal charges...

damn it!!! see what happens when you put me inbetween to project engineers... I start talking like one!!! YUCK!! the R&D in me will never die!

• 3 months later...
bookin_4_nub

didnt you know that this person you are referencing created the whole market for tour/import equipment?? he should be able to charge anything he wants to sell something on his prestigous website. [/sarcasm]

Hahahhahaahahahaha :laugh: :wink: :money: :whistle: :spit: