Apache 40+

johnnypro

Anybody out there playing or have played an Apache 40+ Stiff in their driver ? I picked one up uncut cheap and I'm wondering whether to put it into a Gemini 395 or a 983E.

Kickpoint? Tip stiffness? Overall feel? etc

I'm currently playing an LFE with a stiff Purple Ice and its a pretty good setup for me.

I know ithe 40+ is on the heavy side (93g?) but is it only for gorillas, which I am definitely not?

I'm 53 and hit it about 260, quick tempo.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks, as always. :lol:

My Apache literature says. "This model was designed around stronger players looking for a shaft with low torque, higher kickpoint and firmer tip section." It is a 93 gram, 2.9* torque mid kick shaft.

This is a very good shaft, especially for a fairway wood. As long as the flex is correct for you then it should work in whatever you install it in. Try the driver first and if it doesn't work out then try it in a fairway wood.

If you decide to install it in the LFE I don't think I would tip trim it any. If installed in a std bore hosel then tip trim 1" for driver, 2" for 3 wood, 3" for 5 wood.

My Apache literature says. "This model was designed around stronger players looking for a shaft with low torque, higher kickpoint and firmer tip section." It is a 93 gram, 2.9* torque mid kick shaft.

This is a very good shaft, especially for a fairway wood. As long as the flex is correct for you then it should work in whatever you install it in. Try the driver first and if it doesn't work out then try it in a fairway wood.

If you decide to install it in the LFE I don't think I would tip trim it any. If installed in a std bore hosel then tip trim 1" for driver, 2" for 3 wood, 3" for 5 wood.

I'll try it in my 983E. Thanks a lot!

I play a 40+ X3 (306 cpms raw) in my FliHi 18*. The shaft has a soft feel despite the high kick, low torque and tight tip. I hit medium to high trajectory 240 yard bullets off the tee. The shaft is very predictable and consistent. The only problem I have is the butt diameter. I like to play small grips even though I have big hands and it really blows up a tour velvet cord. Feels like it has 3 wraps of tape underneath a standard iron shaft.