Yamaha 2016 Irons & Wedge

TourSpecGolfer

Here we have the 116 Forged and what's new is they have incorporated a slight curved undercut removing about 8g of weight and placing it in the sole. There is no mention of Yamaha incorporating the new annealing process into the non tour model version here.

post-18-0-80707900-1443497001_thumb.jpg

Below their more forgiving 216 Iron that has a high COR 0.80 maraging face where the last version had 0.77

The thinnest portion of it's sole is only 1mm which is pretty wild, great for distance not so sure how it will do for feel, the CG is very low they have removed 3g from the top line and repositioned it lower.

post-18-0-43879600-1443497090_thumb.jpg

The new Yamaha RMX 116 Wedge looks a bit odd but as most Yamaha wedges should work really well, I've always ranked Yamaha wedges pretty high yet something about them turns me off visually, I think I just have it more for botique wedges but we know that these will feel good, and spin well with a good amount of forgiveness as past generations have.

post-18-0-93365600-1443497275_thumb.jpg

Yamaha seem to have lost the furore they once had around here, and I can only put that down to dropping the 'Inpres X' and replacing it with 'RMX'. And looking at the new line up I doubt its going to change anytime soon.

Not sure I like the overhead view of the 116.

'12 and '13 were their mega hit year model with the Inpres X Tour Model irons and maybe even the '11s

I still remember everyone making pre orders for them. :) Would love to see Yamaha get back to their roots.

As far as a whole line up goes, 2011 was their best year for me. And to prove my love, I've just got a V425 Tour Model :)

Edited by Ian-500

To put things in perspective Yamaha drivers used to cost about US 700 bucks now they retail under 400.

The irons and wedges have stayed about the same but they are pricing the woods very aggressively and since then I noticed a drop in the positive feedback from our clients about the woods.

Their clubs along with the rest of JDM clubs should be less.

The Yen is considerably weaker.

IF costs to produce were the same and they sold for the same.... they should be be close to 30%

less US just for this reason alone.

Their clubs along with the rest of JDM clubs should be less.

The Yen is considerably weaker.

IF costs to produce were the same and they sold for the same.... they should be be close to 30%

less US just for this reason alone.

Yen rate is about 120 after fee's for currency exchange its about 16-17yen difference on the dollar.

Yen is not the reason why the price is lower, they have considerably lowered the retail price by nearly half.

**Update** I left out one vital change, Yamaha is not doing stock shafts for their driver, it's head price + upgrade shaft price which accounts for the lower retail price I initially thought. In the end it's a wash and they remain about the same.

yamaha finishes just don't look as clean and tight as they used to.....i miss the quality aspect of this brand.

Did you see them in person? Because looking at the photos here I can't see any finish issues