2016 prgr egg series. driver 3w 5w.

supo

SO i had to have a hit with them last night, the 5w had the 37 flex shaft the 3 and driver had the 40 flex.

thought they wud be spagetti but pleasantly surpised, they were not.

stil obv a little whippy for my taste , but it was more to see what the looked, felt like.

i had my own 2014 egg with me for practice so it wa a good test.

firstly, te new egg driver is SO differnt to the other 2, i n fact all 3 are very differnt.

but i cud see a slight evolution in them all but if udidnt know they were called eggs, it wud be hard to distinguish them as the same heads just new.

wel th face on this one is HUMONGOUS. that bulbous head is very prominant. makes the head look smaller, but it is 460 cc, hides that well, very well really.

the score lines on the face look good. its spoed to be 2* open..

there is NO WAY.. u wud ever know this is 2* open no way in the world its looks at best.. sqaure.

frames the ball nicely. the ball lokks like a pea on the face bec. its so big.

impact., hmmm not bad at all.

i was squaring the face nicely and had a pretty neutral flight, small fades and small draws were managebale its very high with the stock shaft (which i liked!) a far cry from the last of eggs. the shorter 45 inch shaft took some getting used to again as well . i hit it very well. i thouhgt of it as a control driver rather than a bomber. but wont know till i gt it out with proper shaft in it.

def not as long on range as my egg 1.

ill grab one for sure.. i liked it . not sure if itll repalce the big dog, but a diamana X in ti might change hings up a bit. certianly appealed to my eye. as much as my gamer does.

i cud see both these in the bag same time.

dont thnk this will be a mass loved one again, but i thnk tis way more normal than the previous ones.

neeed some time with ti with my shaft to tell.

had the onofs with me and i prefered this shape to the onoffs. eve nthe shingo. but i dont think its as nice as the shingo by a long shot but its got a cetian appeal to a few guys , def has for me . iliked the elephantititis of it a lot. i end not lo like generic kinda clubs tho.

fairway woods,

these went high MUCH higher than the old models. looooooooooooooads higher, smaller , more compact, i get thefeeling these are going to be great for placing balls a pretty decent way out there. but i didnt get the i mpression they were all time montster long good thing is i didnt miss**t one of them offf the mats.

really liked them def an evolution of this yrs egg spoon, just more comapct,

as ussal..... ill grab a pair of these.

in fact ill grab the whole set.

yep i think they didn antoher top job on the eggs.

wont give up all my old mods for th new ones , mnore over id keep one of each.

brought a big smile (once again..!)

why do i have anythign else seriosuly????????????

Edited by supo67

Recommend these for me with the right shafts?

hold up i bought one at lunch ime, and took it in to speak with my builder his immedite thoughts were wow, very deep, very lo spin, this is a distnce head.

hmm constray to what i thought.

i pulled the shaft as i had a mitsubishi boron spare in 71 stiff which cpms a litte low. gonna build it to 44.875 inch might get it a high but a bit flatter than it was last night.

il test it on saturday and revert.

id think that one form last year wud be idea lfo you, cant beleive uve not tried that one ,its 100% NOT close.

I'm wondering how the M-43 shaft holds up to a bit higher swingspeeds. Your comments here make me think it might hold up very well. The 45 inches length might also be a reason the stock shaft doesn't play that whippy

Edited by Vegaman

I want to try a super low spinning, forgiving, super easy to hit straight head in a higher loft than i usually play. I usually play 8-8.5 and this one in ten seemed like a good choice.

I want to try a super low spinning, forgiving, super easy to hit straight head in a higher loft than i usually play. I usually play 8-8.5 and this one in ten seemed like a good choice.

no thread jack, but u seriously just described the zy-11 ;)

I too am very curious about this new egg tho, but I decided to get the egg fw instead cuz the drivers are all set for right now ?

How do you like it?

well ive had no troubls with the m-43 in the previous heads. the one i got today was m-40 but i just wanted the head.

shaft was always gonna get swapped out as is my way..,

im thinking it will be very good build , the boron shaft ive used in every wood has been nothing but a success, so i cant see whay this wont be.

it might make it a bit higher and flatter. and get soem more distance.

but remain stright which is what i want.

cant add much more till i hit the new one saturday .

but ididnt find it overly tha much better than the ones ive got now, but i did think straight away , right im gettign this as an addition not an instead of.

but wel lsee saturday i guess.

i really like that face on it thats what atttracted me instantly

alrighty.. i played this saturday.

built it to 44.625 inch... d3... about 320 grams.

head weight is 199 gram , no gell.

diamana Boron in it.

lovely feel as expceted . muted sound. al round, a very nice presentation.

this one draws !

mr wizard had to put a smll tip weight in it to bring the SW up as its mid blanced shaft and was a bit too light as it was.

this promtes a heavier feel .a real thump at impact and i was getting draws most of the day.

distance was 100% spot on with my other drivers. miss**ts were very good. loss of distacne was not very big at all.

felt very much like the jbeam 435. ntohing like the older eggs.

thoroughly enjoyed playing it but i wasnt prepared to game it sunday.

think i need a bit more taughtness in it. the stiff shaft was just a bit too loose for my preference, was making it move a bit more than i normally do and am comfy with. , id think the boron X wud be spot on for me or a tataki.

but as it stands this is a really really good club.

like the head a lot!

well i might even leave it as as its prob not 100% suited to me and get another build better suited.

flight was pretty high, wasnt as high as i expceted but its a lot idffernt to what i normally play.

certianly a fan of the head.

when i get it back il post some piccys. i thin kthe sshaft CPMed at 265 ish., which is a little less than i tend to play better

Hahha ... Ok

LEt me have alook it gets back tonight.

Ill speak with my builder tom bec i literally ran in picked it up and. Ran out.

43 gram stock shafts...I'm wondering if it's for my grandfather or my little sister!

My God man, no wonder this crap never makes it inside the ropes.

Shafts can be changed. In fact, Pros almost never game the stock shaft anyway, regardless of brand. Plus, shafts getting lighter is a trend even on tour. And PRGR is definitely represented "inside the ropes" in Japan.

Edit: I just checked, and the stock shaft is 54 grams in Stiff flex which PRGR designates as "M43". Might be you are confusing the stiffness system PRGR uses (m37,m40,m43,m46) with weight.

Edited by Vegaman

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not 43 gram shaft for the love of GOD!!!!

m-43 refers to the swing speed per second! which is 96.18 mph.

as a starting speed.

that shaft suits me fine

• 4 months later...

Just curious if anyone else has played these and what they think.

• 1 month later...

Just got mine a few days ago. Got the driver, Spoon (3wood) and 7 wood all in stock shaft m40. The 3 and 7 woods are the easiest clubs I have played. All the comments about how "stupid easy" these are to hit are correct. The 7 wood appears to go farther for me as I was hitting it on the fly of about 200 yards as opposed to my normal 7 wood of about 200 yards including roll. 3 wood appears to go farther as well. Ball flight was not that high and ok for me. Not sure about roll as it was wet on the ground but hoping it produces roll to get extra distance. Very loud ping when struck but that is not a problem for me.Jury still out on how workable these are as I have only played once. Will be playing again this weekend.

Only could hit the driver a few times. I got the 10 degree (normal for me is 9 degree) and it does have a high launch. Again, a very easy driver to hit. Not fighting it like other drivers I have had in the past. Head size is ok, nothing unusual. sort of looks like te Ping G25 head.No issues with the head being a few degrees open. Dont even notice it at address. Need more time on the course to see how this holds up.

Overall, if you are thinking of these, I would recommend them.