How to decide the right length for your irons?

Calvin

Through the club fitting system of Ping, I should go for -0.25" of the stander length. The question is " Does it fit to all different brands of clubs?“. Each brand or model could have different lie angle and head shape so how can I adjust accordingly? or it doesn't make that much of difference? Thanks!

The standard length of each manufacturer varies. You should really compare the absolute numbers of the spec: length and lie angle. If possible, customise any new set of irons to match your current Ping specs exactly.

Thanks! Maybe I should just order at TSG then have them installed at local club fitter for the best result. Though it's kind of

troublesome.

I believe it comes down to preference and Wrist to Floor measurement. I have really long arms for a 5'9 tall guy, 31 inches WTF measurement.

I can play standard length with 5-6 degrees flat. Instead I play about .75 inches short and around 4 degrees flat.

I also MOI my sets, so lengths are not .5 inch increments. This way I have shorter long irons and longer short irons

A lot depends on the swing, some people have a different path with shorter clubs than they do with longer clubs.

If you don't know what you need and the clubs you want are not available in component go with standard especially if your not on the high or low side of tall or short.

Or you can find out what your ping specs translate to or your current set and order custom length.