Jbeam TF Titanium Fairway Wood Pics!

TourSpecGolfer

The all new Jbeam Ti Fairway Wood - Titanium and designed to be easy to hit from most lies Jbeam has made another very forgiving FW, they now have 3 excellent fairway woods that should be considered if you are in the hunt for one, the RX-FW which is perfect in feel and compact size for the better player, then the Jbeam Glorious which is more shallow, larger and more forgiving that we found very long and easy to hit as is and now the TF series which is Titanium instead of stainless with a cut away channel similar to Royal Collection this design is interesting because its shallow, oversized at 210ccs in the 3 wood but the CG is designed more forward so while you should have an easy time getting the ball up yes even from the rough it still wont balloon on you. Beautiful fit and finish to it as well.

DSC03686-Edit.jpg

DSC03696-Edit.jpg

DSC03692-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC03700-Edit.jpg

Compare to RC 306V Ti,or even the new egg,where does TF stand?

The more I look at this the more pleasing to the eye it gets.

Love the grey band around the raised base perimeter...very 70s retro looking.

Prices Chris?

Edited by hutchy

beauty. Looks very much like the RCs

Typical of JDM metalwoods, the lie angles are way too upright. They are gorgeous, though.

I go vintage on fairway woods just for the lie angles alone; in addition, it ain't broke--it don't need a fix.

I am convinced, however, that all Asian players are very tall with very short arms, hence the upright lie angles. Either that or they cast over the top.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

Typical of JDM metalwoods, the lie angles are way too upright. They are gorgeous, though.

I go vintage on fairway woods just for the lie angles alone; in addition, it ain't broke--it don't need a fix.

I am convinced, however, that all Asian players are very tall with very short arms, hence the upright lie angles. Either that or they cast over the top.

Lol....or you are very short with armslikeababoon and have a very flat swing :atsg_smilie_roll:

Several years ago, probably in the early 90s, Spalding Top Flite made an excellent set of titanium fairways called the Intimidator 400 Series.

While the design was very effective, the club was held back by its use of proprietary .400 tip shafts. With the option of choosing the standard .335 shaft of one's choice, I think the Intimidator would have been a very successful club.

In any case, it validated the use of titanium for smaller fairway metal clubheads.

I kid the JDM set about their upright lie angles, but the much flatter lie angles on my Titleist PT steel fairways are simply the standard lie angles that were used on persimmon or laminated maple clubheads for decades.

bud I don't know what ur on about with fwds being too upright..

utilities SURE.. can see that..,

but not fwds.

none of my 756 sets of fwds are to upright what so ever.

there is NO WAY my yamaha iff..eggs... crazy fs... rc bbds are too upright in the slightest ,

if they were id be hook ing the daylghts out of them which simply don't do.

the one that CUD be a bit is the ryoma f2,, but a simple stiffer shaft rectifies that instantly. GD p9003x and diamana aliislei in them and that becomes a weapon of mass destruction.

in fact it makes it MILES easier to hit.

But are JDM FWs really more upright on average than USDM FWs? I mean current stuff, not compared to clubs from the 80s and 90s.

• 4 weeks later...

Any reviews?

Yes I hit it good but off the start the original weight was too light so I suggest custom order with heaviest head and this thing is perfect. The 13.5 launched like a 15* for me and it was also very straight and forgiving. It's shallow face really helps.

It has that RC back cut away for a more forward lower spin and lower trajectory shot. 1* open heaviest head setting is what I would suggest!

Its very long and has a higher pitch sound that feels great in the hands.

I want a 13,5 but the Glorious is so freaking easy to hit.