Wedge shafts, what do you use and why..

jonbev78

Having a bit of a wedge shaft dilemma , currently using NS Proto 2s14 x in my fourteens but they are just too heavy for me. The 2s14's are Super smooth, accurate with the perfect amount of spin. I'm Looking for something a little bit lighter, strong and smooth if that's possible..

I think the only other options for me are Tour issue X100 wedge shafts, s400 will prob be too soft for me and KBS will probably balloon on me.

Any thoughts. What are you guys using in your wedges and why..

Thanks

Edited by jonbev78

Aerotech Steelfiber i125.

Same. I95 on 4-p but for the non full shots with wedges, i prefer heavy for feel, control & helps me lag the clubhead.

NS wv 125s .that solves all ur equations,

they go high they go falt the land soft. thye dont spin huge amounts.

the 115s do spina lot more.

cantfault them, but . i do say im loving the 125s modus just as much

In my ONOFF s forged 52/58 I changed out S200 to NS wv125 following supo's advice couldn't be more pleased. I like the way they go thump then land and stick.

Then picked up wv115 from nob in the Epon 208 50* and RC db 56*, for the fourteen MT28 TS V5 60* I installed NS SP ORA but still figuring these out.

Using KBS Tour Wedge (Black Pearl) Stiff (120g) in my 50* & 58* CF Vokeys. (I do like the black finish)

Previously using NSPro 1050 but was looking for something heavier and more stable..

Shaft feels more stable during the swing.. (Can't say the same for my swing consistency)

Spin feels similar to NSP though..

Considering trying K's HW120 to compare feel..

My 2015 ONOFF's have S400 tour issues which are good, soft but good, no fuss shafts tend to run to the hole

The Sky Dream Jumps have WV125's they come alive with instant stopping power

Both feel similar but the performance is worlds apart the WV's saved me at least 2 shots over the weekend from balls that stopped instantly near the pin as opposed to rolling 10 odd ft away with the S400's, the WV's will be staying.

Running Ctapers in my irons have never really matched all shafts through the set, both the s400's and WV's are really soft (loose) and take a bit of time to get used to. Full shots especially!!!

Edited by Cosmo

I used the modus 115s WDGE and the modus 125s pw shafts yesterday in a game 9 holes each

but more like 100 balls each.

the 125s are 100000000 times more robust and firm. the 115s were way more finicky and flippy. they went a lot higher nad grabbed more.

simiar wedge heads so not taking to much into or away from theheads. was more into looking at the flight of the ball.

I hit my wedges flat and try to move them both ways off the greens.

for my play t he 125s are a MUCH better suited shaft similar to the 125wv VS th 115 wv.

Ifu like to hit an drop then id suggest the new modus 115 shafts MUST be looked at. but if u prefer hard and low bite stop, then 125 modus are sensational.

im porb going to use the mods125 in my wedges from now on. for what I like to see , t hey just over took the WVs.

I'm thinking about trying DG tour issue S400 black onyx tipped 1/4 inch, also been looking at the tour only version of the modus 3 125wv wedge shaft. A little bit worried about the flex on those if i pull the trigger, maybe too soft for my liking. I tried the 125 wv wedge shaft before and it was like a wet noodle for me. X100 maybe a tad too stiff coming in at a 6.8 freq for a wedge.

decisions...

Edited by jonbev78