Need help regarding OnOff 2014 Driver Type D

Kristianator

Dear Tourspecgolfers,

My name is Kristian and I am new to this forum and would like to request some help in identifying this JDM product.

I purchased a Onoff 2014 Type D driver 10 loft head from B/S/T with the help of a friend, no head cover was included in this package.

I noticed a missing Onoff diamond on the crown, but the seller has yet to verify and acknowledge the missing design.

Aside from the missing design on the crown, the rest of the item looks perfectly legit.

Could anyone suggest reasons for this possible discrepancy?

Believe the forth attached picture is how it should look like.

Regards,

Kristian

Singapore

post-17622-0-44057100-1445151867_thumb.p

post-17622-0-46363300-1445151872_thumb.j

post-17622-0-61929800-1445151875_thumb.j

post-17622-0-48360300-1445152248_thumb.p

Edited by Kristianator

interesting. All pictures I can find of the 2014 type D has the onoff logo on the crown.

Your's is definitely a 2014 type d based on the sole design. Sometimes when companies come out with such unusual crown design, they offer an alternative plain design option. I am trying to see if such thing existed for this model... another possibility may be that the original owner sent it out for an after market paint job when he initially bought it.

Mizuno mp craft h4 came out with a factory glossy black option for extra charge

after realizing the original matte black was not such a big hit.

As nob suggested, maybe it was an aftermarket paint job on the crown, as the 2014 Type D looks like it should have the red decal on the crown.

The 2014 head with the red square is a Type D. Have you played it yet? How do you like it? I did not like it, it felt a bit hollow, and launched high. For the D series I like the 2013 better, a more solid feel. 2010 D is also good, but also high launching.

Edited by donnieu