SYB 120s .................. iron shafts

supo

anyway not hit these shafts in a long time. they seemed to have fallen by the wayside for no particular reason .....................

well acutally prob bec of the NS modus line came along these seemed to have domsianted my shaft thinking for a long time, the new 125s are just magic if u like a heavier shaft

so I was pretty intrigued again to play these as ive not gamed anything non NS in a long time.

these are 120 grams inserted, that's up there, and sposed to be high launching..

but not sure where that came from they were pretty flat I found.

these are a SOLID shaft. wont say they are magical feeling, nor boardy, very different to the DGs200 which are prob closest in weight and that I cud teel not very similar to NS line ive played.

they certainly didn't really like to be wizzed about laterally very much. so I gave up and just started drilling them at the targets where they land nice and soft , and it seemed wind made no impact on them of any negative note.

these play very very well when "activated "fully. when I layed off the shot a bit, they went low and piercing , when I gave it a bit of well,y they came alive.!

they remind me of the equivalent of the GD9003x driver shaft. don't give this ur all and ur in for a tough day, step up tho and it will dominate.

hit WELL AND TRUELY enough balls with these to really make a solid judgement on them

whist not the "nicest" shaft ive ever hot, they were much nicer than the c-tapers, and DGs200.

they ddint really remind me of anything else id hit so I cant say these are a "mini XXX version of YYYY" if u get my meaning.

I wud have NO hesitation gaming these on my links. nad ihave no problem gaming them day in/out.

whilst not the touch feely goodness I associate with NS modus. icant say these played any better or worse then the NS line.

If I HAD to compare apples to oranges id say these are prob closest to the new 125 line.

stronger players looking for an alternate shaft cud do WAY WAY worse then these, esp if ur not looking at modus. im def no where nea overpowering these, in fact I needed to be really focused to gt them to play well. the shots I was "firm "with were as good as any.

the main differerntial with these is the lack of "softness' in them. the heads ih ad them on are known to be one of the greatest made so it wasn't the heads.....

these are sturdy solid shafts for aggressive swingers.

3 thumbs up!

Edited by supo67

A very well timed post! I just recently saw a set of irons with these shafts in Tokyo and started wondering about them. Thanks

if they are ur thing, I mean dgs s200/300 kinda thing these cud/wud be an interesting option.

I def don't have a bad word on them.

only slightly negative is they are pretty rigid.