J-Beam ZY-7 Prototype Driver

TourSpecGolfer

Jbeam-ZY-7-Driver.jpg

Sneak peak of the prototype ZY-7 Driver by J-Beam Golf spotted in the bag of long drive champion Yasuhiro Yamazaki. TSG will have a few in advance prior to release so stay tuned for more information, release date is early 2016.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a interesting design, it appears to move the Cog forward.....Hmmmmm i have a huge weight in the rear of my ZY11 right now and i seem to prefer that.....having all the weight up in the face makes for a very low spin / low launch driver......Jbeams weighting system allows for some pretty big changes.......i can adjust from D1-E2

(Although i am only manipulating about a 20g difference, and expect a 7 SW max difference, I am seeing a 11SW difference ???)

Edited by robbie

The cut-outs look a little like what Nike seems to be pursuing with drivers. Curious what the benefits are.

With no official comments from J-Beam yet it does look the opposite of Ryoma's 60g power booster weight in the rear but the Ryoma is also for a different group. Anything ZY I would say the player will have to have enough power that low spin is a benefit, a lot of slower swingers don't do well with low spin heads which I've seen first hand. Its somewhere around 90-95 depending on tempo that we see the ZY or Blackout start doing its best work.

Funky design. Can't wait to see the face and top profiles

Me either!

This look like a real beast. I look forward to seeing / hearing more about it!

Not my cup of tea. But I still want to hit it haha

Thats what i often say when I'm at a Strip Club

Thats what i often say when I'm at a Strip Club

Lol.

• 3 months later...

Any updates on this? It's early 2016 already :)

This one was just a prototype, no release scheduled or expected.

This one was just a prototype, no release scheduled or expected.

Thanks for the reply. I was going of the statement in the OP that reads "release date is early 2016." It's also been added to the USGA conforming clubs list for a while. Really looking forward to this Driver.

would they actually go thru the trouble of R&A registration if they weren't gonna release it?

would they actually go thru the trouble of R&A registration if they weren't gonna release it?

It's only a hundred bucks to do so.

It's not off the table, we were just told nothing when we paid them a visit a few days ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope I'm not breaking any rules. Some chatter in Korea that the ZY-7 will be released May 2016. I'm so looking forward to this Driver. From what I've heard, it's even lower spin than ZY-11 but more forgiving with better acoustics.

http://websta.me/p/1193472474354685425_2839666924

http://websta.me/p/1188285743074514059_2839666924

http://websta.me/p/1188293324513875244_2839666924

post-16449-0-24042300-1458531222_thumb.j

Better acoustics! .....that's like music to my ears. :)

Ohhhh nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Any pictures of the faces? I play the 435 blackout now and was hopping this might bring down my spin numbers.

My blackout is 9* square

Trpx 75x. Sx (swing speed 112 ish)

all weight in front

D4.5

45"

I love the feel and sound of this set up but still getting spin numbers around 3000

Any suggestions?

130mph swing speed and 186mph ball speed?!? Jeez arse I would love to have those numbers.

ZY-11 looks a lot nicer but oh well.

Any pictures of the faces? I play the 435 blackout now and was hopping this might bring down my spin numbers.

My blackout is 9* square

Trpx 75x. Sx (swing speed 112 ish)

all weight in front

D4.5

45"

I love the feel and sound of this set up but still getting spin numbers around 3000

Any suggestions?

Shaft is next, ZY-11 already spins very low - the most spin redcuing can be found by 7D but also the AAA does a pretty good job as well.