Help me choose subject for next year!

Hello guys, Im studying engineering and next year Im going to choose subject which I will be studying the next three years and I want to make sure I make the right desicion. I have a dream to work in the US or Japan, developing golf clubs in CAD and such!

I have these subject to choose on:

Computer Technology.

Machine engineering with Focus on product developing and design.

Electrical engineering.

Chemotechnics.

Based on your personal opinions, what do you think would be the best bet for my dream job? I know its my choice to make but its fun hearing what others might think.

Cheers

Why study about golf when you can study about how to be rich and then buy whatever you want in the future. :tsg_smiley_king:

I have a dream too. But mine is to be rich enough to buy over Epon. (kidding)

Edited by magpies

Why don't you reach out to the HR/recruiters at major golf brands and have them hook you up with the R&D people .

I think you will get the best answers from the people who are working in those roles already.

Good luck!

Those folks nowadays monitor social media pretty closely.

Write up a passionate tweet or facebook post on their page about not getting any responses and you should get their attention pretty quickly.

While I love what I do if I were at your fork in the road I would not enter this industry, everything about golf is on a downward trend, I read a lot of NGF and other publications and speak with people who monitor equipment sales about the state of the game, its not looking good anywhere on the globe and hard to find anything that is on the rise within the game.

If you think club design is for you try with a pencil and paper first before learning a complicated software, there is no shortage of new designs on the market. Email me I will give you your shot at your first design if its good.

Its sad to read what you wrote but Im glad u are being honest. But still, its a dream that will take me through school. Even though it wont be reality I want to give it a chance. Its the only thing Im interested in.

Well, Im glad you give me the oppertunity and I will email some of my work. I have a few designs on paper but I have a tough week ahead so it will be after this week.

At the moment Im mostly interested in the Putter industry and I can see its a tough market. What ever I make its a rip-off someone elses work, but I think I have added my personal touch to it.

Cheers lads

Edited by Cforselius