Putter Shaft

magpies

Hello mates,

Got a question regarding putter shafts. Deciding which putter shaft to fit in my Epon I33 for increase control and feel.

Am considering between the UST FF, NSPRO heavy shaft or the matrix graphite shaft.

Any information on these 3 putter shafts or any other shaft will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by magpies

Hello

I'm actually having the same thoughts for my Zen , was thinking about the quadra one

I personally love the matrix......the FF is my least favorite

I will be trying the Quadra Fire Express PT-130 and a Muziik/Dogatti PT-135 hopefully soon.

I have been using NS Pro Heavy putter shafts 'til now .. but wanted to try something different.

Looking to use the Fire Express in a Geo Galaxy mallet putter ... Already have the shaft.

Supposed to get the putter tomorrow. Maybe able to report back tomorrow.

The Dogatti will be installed in a Yamada IPT currently worked at Gold's

Maybe another 2 to 3 weeks 'til I have it back.

I will be trying the Quadra Fire Express PT-130 and a Muziik/Dogatti PT-135 hopefully soon.

I have been using NS Pro Heavy putter shafts 'til now .. but wanted to try something different.

Looking to use the Fire Express in a Geo Galaxy mallet putter ... Already have the shaft.

Supposed to get the putter tomorrow. Maybe able to report back tomorrow.

The Dogatti will be installed in a Yamada IPT currently worked at Gold's

Maybe another 2 to 3 weeks 'til I have it back.

Hi nob,

will wait for your feedback.

How has the ns pro heavy shaft been for you then? Which weight do you use and how is it?

cheers

Edited by magpies

I use the heaviest one. 149g raw I think....

I have the XXIP-B2 in my Gold's T102.

The heavier shaft helps stabilize and slow down my stroke tempo and I also think it helps filter some unwanted vibration.

I've tried the UST FF in the past as well, but I thought it was too light ... Very high tech and cool looking shaft though :)

Edited by nobmontana

I use the heaviest one. 149g raw I think....

I have the XXIP-B2 in my Gold's T102.

The heavier shaft helps stabilize and slow down my stroke tempo and I also think it helps filter some unwanted vibration.

I've tried the UST FF in the past as well, but I thought it was too light ... Very high tech and cool looking shaft though :)

Thanks mate. Most likely i will try the nippon 149g. Graphite shaft on a putter seems quite awkward to me.

Edited by magpies

Love the UST FF. For me it feels like my hands are in touch with nothing but the grip, the head, and then, at impact, the ball.

Love the UST FF. For me it feels like my hands are in touch with nothing but the grip, the head, and then, at impact, the ball.

i just checked, its a little too light isn't it? its raw at 106g.

It's light, yes. I like light in just about all my clubs.

OK... got my Geo Galaxy Mallet Putter today.

Spent about 30 minutes putting with the stepped NS Pro steel shaft that it came with and then I reshafted with the Fire Express PT130

The difference I feel is that the PT130 feels a bit more stout and stiffer. Seems the ball is starting to roll quicker compared to the steel shaft where I definitely saw a couple of hops before a steady roll. Feel at impact is firmer but the edges very much rounded, if that makes sense. This is based on my putting on carpet ... but the difference was noticable. Perhaps due to the more immediate roll, the ball seems to be rolling out a bit further as well. I got the black finish shaft which is more of a metallic dark bronze color which is really nice. Overall, I am very satisfied with this shaft. Of course we'll need to see how it is on actual greens ... oh in about 6 months .. we got snow todayand courses are officially closed now.

Oh yeah... I also got the Winn X 1.18 in the blue/orange color.

The color scheme reminds me of the old Gulf Porsche 917. I am actually liking these grips. So far feels better than Superstroke.

post-14163-0-18603200-1446611272_thumb.jpost-14163-0-75778300-1446611276_thumb.jpost-14163-0-01663200-1446611268_thumb.jpost-14163-0-42382600-1446611280_thumb.j

Thanks for the feedback Nob. Stepped NS pro shaft? Ive never seen that. How is it compared to the stepless version?

I will be more keen on steel putter shaft now.

Probably an older putter shaft from NS Pro. They weigh around 120g

actually does not feel bad . but I like the looks of the current NS heavy shafts.