My Yamada IPT Ibushi GF Mod , Before and After

nobmontana

Have not received it yet but I just received a notitication from TSG that it has shipped.

I then went to the GF site to find pics of the finished putter.

Love it!! Can't wait to try it out!!

Thank you, Chris for making this happen!!

Before:

post-14163-0-16177700-1446659212_thumb.jpost-14163-0-85162200-1446659213_thumb.j

After:

post-14163-0-72651800-1446658257_thumb.jpost-14163-0-01717200-1446658262_thumb.j

Edited by nobmontana

Thanks!!

I am hoping it will feel as good as it looks especially with the Dogatti PT shaft.

Edited by nobmontana

looks amazing, nob! I've got an IPT Ibushi waiting for a project so this is definitely inspiring. please report back about the shaft as that would likely be something I'd try. any info on it you can share (including cost ;) thanks!

Looks great Nob!

Yea, the milling across the face was the recommendation I got and so I went with it

Next Gen PZ milling was also an option but decided to go with the horizontal PZ milling since I already have other putters with NextGen PZ milling like face. This would be a good addition to my small fleet of putters.

Good catch, D !! "German Silver"... honestly don't really know the composition, but I do know it does not include actual silver. :)

It was used on another GF mod putter that I previously owned and regret selling to this day! very soft feeling mateial.

It's the new Muziik / Dogatti graphite shaft.

Tungsten powder infused CF sheets .... we'll see how it goes!!

What I really want to get a hold of is a Diamana Prototype putter shaft.

Yuta Ikeda used it for a while but watching the Japan Open the other day, looks like he went back to steel...

Very rare and hard to come by...

I got my putter back from Gold's today and rolled a few on the carpet.

First Impression, Wow! marshmallow soft!! The feel is now equivalent or even softer than an Epon Zen

but without being mushy. This has to be one of the softest feeling putters I have ever tried.

Overall finish is spectacular. Soft black finish makes it look very very high end!!
As for the Dogatti shaft, it feels very much like a heavy steel shaft but a bit more livlier.

I do like the matte black finish on the shaft as well.

The Muziik faux leather pistol style grip feels really nice, but I think it is a bit too thin for me.

Will probably replace with either an Iomic Absolute (older version) grip or a Win Pro X 1.18

This putter is amazing! Its everything great from both brands the shape and smooth corners of the Yamada with the feel and roll of a golds, it's been a common theme lately people getting their Yamada's brushed by the master.

Yes, I love how everything came out.

Makes me think what I should fo with my other "stock" putters :)

I thnk my next one might be getting a Black Boron finish on my Geo Galaxy.

As for the Dogatti putter shaft, I think it is in a league of its own compared to other graphite putter shafts.

Almost none of that hollowness you typically expect from graphite putter shafts.

I'm not sure if you know but behind your putters face there are many shallow holes that sasaya made to improve feel and sound.

Those holes were not there before and are supposed to cause an improvement.

The master has done a great job.

Congrats man.

I'm not sure if you know but behind your putters face there are many shallow holes that sasaya made to improve feel and sound.

Those holes were not there before and are supposed to cause an improvement.

Awesome! I do know that there was originally a silicone pad that was supposed to enhance feel.

I was actualy wondering how Sasaya-san was going to replace that. The feel on this putter is out of this world!