Need advice- Itobori irons

Mob

I found these on eBay and I am considering buying them, but have concerns about the unusual grinds, and how they may effect turf interaction. Are these more art than functional irons?

I've seen the wedges. I inspected several different heads and the "pebbled" grind was different on every head, so that made me wonder about consistency. I'm thinking it's look over function. Sorry, but have no experience in actually hitting them.

I found these on eBay and I am considering buying them, but have concerns about the unusual grinds, and how they may effect turf interaction. Are these more art than functional irons?

While they look cool here are some things to consider.

- Price for open model heads with no CNC

- The grinds likely have a negative effect on performance ( depends on swing/turf but its very inconsistent )

- Not sold in Japan, this is mainly available in S.E asia while it is made in Japan

If we just step back and think about how this grind interacts with the turf these make little sense.

While they look cool here are some things to consider.

- Price for open model heads with no CNC

- The grinds likely have a negative effect on performance ( depends on swing/turf but its very inconsistent )

- Not sold in Japan, this is mainly available in S.E asia while it is made in Japan

If we just step back and think about how this grind interacts with the turf these make little sense.

Thanks, Chris. I agree with your points here. I am definitely passing on this one.

I've hit it. It not good at all. Extremely pricey and the feel is like hitting a cast club. It's purely for cosmetic reasons if you get one.

Thanks for letting me know.