Anyone else into skiing and snow stuff over winter?

just curious. still not the time here yet but getting closer , so the mind starts to wander away from golf stuff to ski /board stuff....

where do u go, what do u ride, ski on what good over there chaps??

• 1 month later...

Hi Supo...wasn't planning it...button I might make a B line to Niseko....usually ski north America...

Equipment wise not into Jdm...Lol...Head is my main go to...boots Raptors RD130 or 150if I'm.racing....still love the Head Supershape and ride an.old crud and rubble buster from Atomic called the Metron.

If you ever want to ski amazingly balanced with a perfectly balanced boot go see Bert Liebetseder in Thredbo...in Northern winter he is in Saint Anton, he is the Golds Factory for boots..he is not cheap anymore but heck you are so balanced you can literally ski the entire slope on one leg..WWW.skimetric.com.. Frankly he has his own ski the head design.himself and Head made it for him...best darn ski I ever rode. Brilliant man...one of his clients if you quietly is Svindal amongst many top FIS racers.

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

Cheers jeffrey.

Niseko is a wonderful town, it was much better several yrs ago now its like a Mini aspen wannabe

Tomany vermin filth aussie constructions muppets ruined what ws once a dleightfull place in the name of pure greeeeeeeeeeed!,!

But the snow is winderous ,u will have a ball.

Reataurants are great the sniw is insane its cold but not rediculous and the ease of transfreing about is pretty simple.

As for equipment i tend to favour the eurpoean stuff. And japanese stuff if i can find somehting. In my size, not always easy.

The hard goods are like jdm golf, they makemthe usstuff look lik pop outcrapola from china.

If ur a skier check outa ogasaka

Vector glide

Boarders look at thoese again as well plus gentemstick ,shimano,yonex,

These are magnificent makers of uber high quality equipment.

These temd to carry a high sticker price as well but resale on them is also fantastic.

Ogasaka in particular is abeacon of quality

Cheers jeffrey.

Niseko is a wonderful town, it was much better several yrs ago now its like a Mini aspen wannabe

Tomany vermin filth aussie constructions muppets ruined what ws once a dleightfull place in the name of pure greeeeeeeeeeed!,!

But the snow is winderous ,u will have a ball.

Reataurants are great the sniw is insane its cold but not rediculous and the ease of transfreing about is pretty simple.

As for equipment i tend to favour the eurpoean stuff. And japanese stuff if i can find somehting. In my size, not always easy.

The hard goods are like jdm golf, they makemthe usstuff look lik pop outcrapola from china.

If ur a skier check outa ogasaka

Vector glide

Boarders look at thoese again as well plus gentemstick ,shimano,yonex,

These are magnificent makers of uber high quality equipment.

These temd to carry a high sticker price as well but resale on them is also fantastic.

Ogasaka in particular is abeacon of quality

Was in niskeo last week. all i did was eat and drink! lol

Supo...

Is the Hukuba terrain better?? Niseko doesn't lack powder bur lacks real steeps...but now nagano has no snow. ?

:( Used to ski Granada every season when I lived in spain, then graduated to Grindelwald for a couple of seasons.

Yet to sample the Aus or NZ slopes. Did attempt to climb Fox's glacier though.

Some cool weather would be warmly welcome at the moment 30*C + here every day.

Love the snow.

Snow%2BAngel.JPG

What a difference a week makes Shiga Kogen and Mount Yoketayama...

post-14958-0-03416100-1452403172_thumb.j

post-14958-0-88436300-1452403190_thumb.j

post-14958-0-93759200-1452403209_thumb.j

post-14958-0-61085000-1452403226_thumb.j

post-14958-0-89666800-1452403238_thumb.j

post-14958-0-53689500-1452403252_thumb.j

post-14958-0-25748600-1452403267_thumb.j

post-14958-0-68648300-1452403280_thumb.j

post-14958-0-79443200-1452403292_thumb.j

post-14958-0-85515700-1452403306_thumb.j

post-14958-0-70256100-1452403322_thumb.j

yea it is, I just had 2 weeks up there it was phenominal, japans southern alps have had nothing, I mean nothing!

ive had a wee time in squaw valley a long tiome ago , but didnt get lucky with the snow. that whole area is absoilutely beautiful.. lake Tahoe. doesnt get much nicer.

Sun Valley Idaho is worth mention.

End of February... I'll go for a ski I reckon somewhere in hukuba...any suggestions?? Happo One...hukuba47?? Or this season is it still safety to heaf north to Niseko?

In Tokyo this Wednesday for 4days...anything interesting to do around ebisu or meguro...staying at Westin..

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

• 1 month later...

Worth mention over here is Telluride CO. If you like it steep, try this one. Some great terrain. The town is killer as well. Low snow this year but no matter what the place is a blast.

post-10612-0-90141200-1456445403_thumb.j

post-10612-0-19061100-1456445423_thumb.j

post-10612-0-14858800-1456445438_thumb.j

post-10612-0-59432400-1456446192_thumb.j

Edited by jbird902

""ta hell u ride..........."..... I remember that catchcry yrs ago, spent a cpl of seasons going thru collorado.

copper, aspen, vail,brekenridge, steamboat.. gee that was fun.

had some time in lake Tahoe are as well, if theres a more beaurtiful place ever id like to see it!

but the real jewel I found was Utah.............. good heavens we had some snow there one week.

that's when I realsied what champagne powder was really all about

Yes cottonwood canyon in Utah gets dumped on(snowbird/Alta). Champagne for sure..

Edited by jbird902

Supo

You ever tried your hand at this? Besides the golf course this is my next favorite. It you like powder, there is nothing like ripping through it on a 450lb machine at 170hp !

post-10612-0-62477600-1457100619_thumb.j

post-10612-0-11181900-1457100651_thumb.j

post-10612-0-05219400-1457100935_thumb.j

Hahaha yea ive played onthem a few times but no its not my go to thing , have to agree opening up the throttle and roaring along is an unbelievablly great rush. I prefer the human power turns to horse power turns tho.

• 3 weeks later...

""ta hell u ride..........."..... I remember that catchcry yrs ago, spent a cpl of seasons going thru collorado.

copper, aspen, vail,brekenridge, steamboat.. gee that was fun.

had some time in lake Tahoe are as well, if theres a more beaurtiful place ever id like to see it!

but the real jewel I found was Utah.............. good heavens we had some snow there one week.

that's when I realsied what champagne powder was really all about

I haven't skied outside of the US, but Utah snow (the Cottonwood canyons as mentioned) hasn't been beat in my experience. For pure beauty, give me Heavenly in Lake Tahoe...just don't forget the sun screen (learned that the hard way). I love the view from almost any mountain, though. Man, I haven't been on the skis at all this year.

Just had a week in Zermatt Switzerland.

Highest ski runs in Europe.

Can ski up to 12500' above sea level.

Great weather but the prices are eye watering!

The second last day was my best day skiing ever!

20 minute runs (or until my legs gave out).

No waiting on any lift.

Lovely lunch whilst gazing up at the Materhorn!

Amazing!

post-14185-0-81863800-1458885692_thumb.j

Edited by Petethepilot

Boooo ya

Beats my seasn Pete it's been terrible I'm up int snow now. On bullet proof ice.and wet powder .dreadfull combination!

I can feel golf starting next week