Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
hutchy

JDM brand's...Price...Resale...Quality.

11 posts in this topic

Interested to know the general consensus and personal experience on this subject.

Just gone with what I see as popular big ticket items, If I have missed any please chime in and I will rectify.

Comment and debate please.

Cheers

Edited by TourSpecGolfer

Epons hold a ton of value and Modart seems to hold the absolute least with Mizuno Yoros close behind,

If u plan on purchasing, keep the receipt and donate the clubs after use for tax deductions and maximum value. Thoae items are as desirable as slightly stained underwear or socks with a hole at the big toe. : )

Lol...Yes noy sure what tax depreciation is for 6 months before you donate to your club, but has to be way less than the loss on resale at the moment.

Epon does seem to keep the best value, but why arnt zen putters that are as rare as any other betty or scotty and probably better made fetching the same $$$s

Buchi also holds well as does roddio. Cant fathom out the modart and yoro ting as they are both premo in design and quality.

Try looking for modart on the bay or the yee. Non existent.

Sushi

Sushi

Rice and seaweed...makes sense.

I can tell you that in the Mid-West (US) Miura is the clear leader in resale value. All other JDM brands aren't even a blip on the radar. It is not a price/cost issue either, simply a lack of knowledge of how far superior JDM clubs are.

Thanks for the response, I was hoping this topic would go down the track of Quality rather than price.

It seemed like a good topic to start with price as some of the best gear (quality) in the world has struggled to sell here lately.

The craftsmanship that goes in to some of these brands is off the charts.

Modart, yoro etc...For more or less prices a new set mass productions would sell for new???? Insane.

Edited by hutchy

In our neck of the woods, Honma holds the best resale value. However, it isn't on the list for some reason.

Its Honma by a country mile... 10 year old clubs still selling for $2.5k on the bay.

Vintage Honmas do bring in good money but the 3-5 star sets were also quite pricey to begin with.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this