prgr egg (2016) ...... ,egg1 (2015) ....., egg7 (2013),

epon 101 (pre 2011)

jbeam435 (2011)

onoff 358( 2015)

ryoma d1(2010)

kasco dna(2003)
syard .388 (2013)

callaway erc3 (2009)

nothing this year has even slightly interested me 1 iota except the latest egg.

am I alone ?

Edited by supo67

2008 Yamaha rpm 460 with Quadra Proto F4. Just gamed it at Millbrook and Jack's Point in NZ and it was brilliant. Got me down to 3 index late this year. Partly due to many fairways hit and versatility off the tee.

kamui tp07 on diamana x 60s ( current )

ryoma vspec d1 on adila rogue tour 125msi ( current ) - my tight course or windy set up

m1

titliest 915 d2

ryoma maxima

Vg3

epon 102

my old workhorse is still the ryoma vspec. first love

well that's good to see. a few older ones as well.

I just had a peek at a few newer ones recently and it was mostly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I thnk the companies have run outta ideas but it don't help when a new relsease every 3 months from a few companies ruins it for all.

gee id like to play those tracks Prof, one day ..... I will!

well that's good to see. a few older ones as well.

I just had a peek at a few newer ones recently and it was mostly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I thnk the companies have run outta ideas but it don't help when a new relsease every 3 months from a few companies ruins it for all.

gee id like to play those tracks Prof, one day ..... I will!

For jaw-dropping scenery they are best I have played Stu, but for golf course design original Barnbougle miles better (and Melbourne/ Mornington Peninsula).

The TR500 irons have had a happy time in NZ on these lush fairways!!

Edited by daamartin

Ryoma Maxima Type G ST/Beyond Power

Crazy 460

alternate : VG3

Edited by scubawun

Kamui TP07 nitro foamed 9° TRPX tuoale SX

T388 10.5 TRPX Air

Both being gamed equally. Hoing stopped in this department.

it's not Taylormade's hyper-overmarketing... but the M1 is my fav driver so far

How's the M1? Anyone using the JDM version?

Sounded quite interesting/strange when I heard the impact sound..

Yamaha V425 Tour Model with Stinger xx.

hmm seems lots older stuff so far.. interesting.

no idea what an "m " dirver is.

Yamaha 406 jeees, I stil lgot a 9* head of that, fantastic head.

I keep shafting it ,reshafting it , thtas had everything , gdp9003x ( prob the best suited shaft I hit in it ) fex, stinger, crazy ls noir, diamana B, list keeps on going.

hmm seems lots older stuff so far.. interesting.

no idea what an "m " dirver is.

Yamaha 406 jeees, I stil lgot a 9* head of that, fantastic head.

I keep shafting it ,reshafting it , thtas had everything , gdp9003x ( prob the best suited shaft I hit in it ) fex, stinger, crazy ls noir, diamana B, list keeps on going.

Stew.. The TaylorMade M1 that was just launched recently.. Design is "alright" but what made me curious was the impact sound.. Extremely mute.. Sound a little bit like the Gloire that had the non-ti face.. There's the 430 head, which I'm curious about as I've gotten used to smaller heads..

As for my gamer:-

T388 + Diamana 'Ahina cut to 44"

Honma TW717 455 as backup/reserve

Do see 388 popping up a couple times.. Fully understand why.. I absolutely love this head..

m1 for me has a thwhacking sound. think of rapture or compositie heada... it is definitely louder than most and some may not like that.

George Spirits GT 450, with a Miyazaki Kusala Tour Issue 61S.

I don't know the year of manufacture, but it has been in the bag for a while, and I'm not likely to change it any time soon.

Right now I'm back to the Mizuno 611/Roddio combo. It's just a very good, solid combo, and long too. Otherwise I have gamed the old Zero, t.388, TRPX D013 kinda recently.

I also gamed the TS 703 I bought from Stew for quite a while, a very long time even. Just a very solid allround head, great feel, good distance, really straight, semi-deep face and great shape. I still have the head somewhere.

Everytime I go check on potential new drivers I for some odd reason never check out other Mizuno Craft drivers, even though my experience with the 611 tells me I should...

Edited by Vegaman

Grandista Ver. S

Ghibli Night

Tourstage X Drive P02-6 (365cc)

Nothing new right now that I desperately want to try.

Maybe the AF 105, but I have a feeling that it's not significantly different from previous models.

Best for me has been:

ZY11 w/7D

Ryoma Special Tune Maxima w/7D ( this is the only shaft to tame this one for me )

Grandista w/ Sanki 70S

RomaRo Alpha w/7D control ( one amazingly straight and long club )

Clubs I've hit lately and liked but need to re-shaft for a better evaluation.

Katana Voltio III

PRGR Super Egg

What I want to try next is Maruman's new Vanquish ( on the way :)

I want to try Freiheit The-G 460Ti Driver as well.

Docus is ugly with a dumb name but the DCD701 is very good even with stock shaft, I think the purests will prefer the 702 model.

Lastly is Baldo, they have a new COMPETIZIONE 568 420cc Driver I'm adding to the store this week. not my cup of tea because I like 460 but I love a deep face so it's a must try.

Ah yes Ghibli can't forget that one, very straight mid high and long.

So much good stuff right now in my eyes, for me I don't want spin and I hit a high ball but since 7D I've been able tame a lot of drivers I otherwise wouldn't be able to hit straight.

JBeam Blackout with 7D

t.388 with 7D

A-Grind 440 with Messenger 1st

the mizuno head with the sliding weights on the base looks interesting. (jpx I think its called??) ,is prob the only OEM driver that looks somewhat interesting at present, and im not sure if its a current model or not, . unfortuanyl the lastest heads from teh big companies just don't do it , Yamaha bridgestone etc... and I don't ever look at callawy nor TM ever so I cudnt even say what they have out,

the super egg must be unbeleiveable considerign what the conforming one does so consistently.

that head is really growing on me after a shaft change , it tightened it up a bit, thng hits huge bombs now.

the grandista had my eye but it wuda been a replica for the egg so I passed up on it. although I cant stop waggling it when I see one.

the old jbeam 425 tour is another id like to see again in my bag .

that was a fantastic head. had it with a crazy black 50, shud NEVER have sold that.

docus , what ever that is I making a big push here as well, but I just cudnt hit a driver called docus.

ZY-11 w/ Crazy LY-01 6.9

T.388 w/ Kaili 60s

Orig 435 w/ Diamana B60s

All are equally as long but have different launch/trajectories/purposes. So far I am loving the muted, but solid, feel and sound of the ZY-11. Best feel of the three. However, I am not so impressed with the LY-01. I feel like there's still easily more distance to be had out there with the right shaft combo with the ZY-11. I love the feel/sound of the 388 as well.

After years with JDM Drivers I am afraid I have been tempted (an won) by dark side:

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD

By far the driver head with the least spin.

Plus stupid essay to play and nice muted sound and great feel...

Backup:

Srixon Z745... also low spin and soft feel.

Just not as versatile and easy to handle

J Beam Blackout, 11.5* withTRPX Touale. I am consistently 230-250 off the tee, which is great for me and exceeds what all the charts tell is possible. Plus I am almost always in the short grass. I had thought I'd try 7 Dreamers but I am so pleased - and have learned thru much expensive experience - that if it ain't broke, it ain't broke.

The one thing I had to learn with this head was to tee it pretty high. I get a great, high launch and a lot of rollout.

But this club is solid. I shouldn't say that too loud. It can be the kiss of death for a club...