name your gamer driver heads .

supo

I am addicted to Romaro heads, rotating between the Type R, Alpha and 460 Gold, sold my type r earlier but had to get it back as I miss the soft feel! Alpha is the most forgiving and straight though with more metallic sound.

haha, i have to second the M1.

went to watch the thailand golf championship the other day, half of the pros were using the m1. Of course, it doesnt mean the driver is the best out there, just cool to see myself using the same gear, LOL. And i also noticed their settings were mostly standard.. no shifting of weights around

haha, i have to second the M1.

went to watch the thailand golf championship the other day, half of the pros were using the m1. Of course, it doesnt mean the driver is the best out there, just cool to see myself using the same gear, LOL. And i also noticed their settings were mostly standard.. no shifting of weights around

What actually is the standard setting on the M1? How do they set them before shipping I mean

Every now and then I'll hit a USDM driver in a store just for smiles, and to remind myself of the junk I've left (way) behind. Recently tried the so-called M1 and, bells and doo-da's aside, it felt like your typical hollowed out US parking meter on the end of a fishing rod. Numbers weren't even in the same ballpark as any of the JDM stuff I bag. Doo-da, doo-da, day...

oooooh I forgot one...

kamui pro tp -07

I dunno what it is about this thing m but its massive.

not the most forgiving .but man oh man ,mi fi play a long course with fast ,wide fairways, this thing is automatic, I thnk its the longest sigl piece ive had built. granted some of the long uns go kilometers over fences, into cows, light poles, sheep, but the thng is, they go miles!

this and the crazy sounding astro tour are the big guns.

hear so many positive thkngs on the kamui, never actually tried one. i know no one who owns one, unfortunately. but it does look like a beast tho

Got a crazy 450 9o With a FireExpres proto SX in it this week.

Was going to shaft it up with old mate cb80 8.2 but the as is set up is working!

The proto SX is @280 FM sort of stiff enough. Cheers Hutchy!

I forgot one, too. Epon Zero-Kai. I haven't had time to find the perfect shaft for this one, but it's got a great feel. More Jag or Rolls type feel to it, whereas my gamers tend to be Porsche or BMW. An elegant killer, I'd call it from first impressions.

9.5* jBeam 435 - Crazy LaBomba Tour Black

I have a jBeam ZY-11 getting shafted with a Basileus AAA today and will be in the bag tomorrow.

Both heads and both shafts were purchased here on BST.

Hit most out there but I keep coming back to my trusty Japan SLDR 460 9.5 w/ attas 5 gogo. Nothing compares distance wise with this thing for me. Some will say its not forgiving but there is plenty for me.

I've tried a few JDM woods but somehow I went back to USDM for their woods. Currently gaming an M1 and loving it along with the fairway.

Irons and wedges I will stick to JDM forged; slowly breaking my way in to the JDM club.

the old epon zero was a beast as well ,but it wasn't the easiest head to get along with, ive heard the kai s a much easier one ?

heres an oldy but a beauty.... 2009 46d onoff head. if there has been an easier to hit head ever id like to see it!

It's odd, the reason I brought up the cars, tHe way I can describe it at the moment is it's like it has more power steering in its feel. Feel is bigger, heavier, cushy-er, but smooooooth. Ball definitely jumps off the face though. Big deep sound too.

S Yard XV

M1

Since the .830 rule in 2002, I have tended to stay a few years behind the curve. I've tried various others, including 3 Kamui, but still sticking with the 2011 Onoff Type S. I also have the '12 Type S which looks and plays about the same. But a big difference in feel. '11 much softer feel.

I've tried 4 different shafts with the Ezone 450, but usually launching too high. But I haven't given up on it yet. In fact I bought 2 more 9 degree so I could test and compare 3 shafts at the range in same session with same heads. These are going for peanuts on the used market. Don't understand why, as I get a very consistent control fade with it, and decent distance, but not quite as long as the Onoff. I'm hoping for this to be my "control" driver.

Yamaha V425 Tour Model with Stinger xx.

And a Kamui Works Ray that I'll have painted soon.

You obviously have to keep in mind I am a lefty, so my JDM options are extremely limited. That being said:

my current gamer: Callaway 816 DBD. This is an unbelievable driver, at least for me. I like a muted sound and a "softer feeling" face. Also very low spin. It just seems to work with my swing, as I find it forgiving, even though it wouldn't be described that way.

Other favorites:

-Ryoma D1 Maxima- Great all round driver.

-Callaway FT Tour- One of the original low spin driver heads

Among all the drivers I have, Romaro 455LX Type R stands out to be exceptional. The shape of the head boosts confidence at address. I can easily work it with a draw or power fade (unlike JBeam 535 or ZY-11 which I can only bomb straight). Its shallow face makes the ball super easy to launch with the right amount of backspin at just 2000 to allow optimal carry.

When you absolutely, positively, got to hit every fairway or work every dogleg, accept no substitute.