New Titleist VG3 2016 series

Porsche911

Thanks for this, Titleist just had their unveiling a couple days ago in Tokyo.

wow. thats nice. the hybrid looks so similar to the 816. Are the irons forged?

There is usually 2 types forged and non.

The sole on the irons look very interesting. Looks like there is a cut out on each end? Oops, the picture I was looking at probably does that on purpose to show the tungsten weighting as the picture next to it does not reflect the cut out.

Edited by Henry

• 1 month later...

Any new "spy pics" or information of these irons? I know they come out next month at the Japan Golf Fair but just want to see if there are other pictures to look at now.

Edited by Henry

test post

• 3 months later...

Just received my VG3 irons. Had a few rounds with them. Compared to the 2014 model which I was playing, the 2016 iron model appears to be a tad longer heal to toe and does have a slightly thinner top line. It does have a completely different feel than the 2014 iron. I think that could be the result of the tungsten weights on each end. The 2016 version does not have the spring like effect feeling at impact but it DOES go a little farther, distance wise. Happy to answer any questions.

Just received my VG3 irons. Had a few rounds with them. Compared to the 2014 model which I was playing, the 2016 iron model appears to be a tad longer heal to toe and does have a slightly thinner top line. It does have a completely different feel than the 2014 iron. I think that could be the result of the tungsten weights on each end. The 2016 version does not have the spring like effect feeling at impact but it DOES go a little farther, distance wise. Happy to answer any questions.

How about trajectory? High or Mid?

Mid trajectory for me. My shaft is the NSPro 750.