Anyone using Modus 105 iron shafts?

nobmontana

I heard that this lightweight Modus shafts are gaining popularity in PGA.

Is that actually true? Aside from the weight how does it compare to other Modus models?

I've settled with graphite shafts in the same weight range for now, but I am interested in this one.

I also noticed they have an X flex. As I recall, the 120 series came out weaker to flex from a CPM perspective.

many S flex users moved to X flex. Any need for similar adjustment for the 105?

I also noticed they have an X flex. As I recall, the 120 series came out weaker to flex from a CPM perspective.

many S flex users moved to X flex. Any need for similar adjustment for the 105?

Per the Nippon guru on the other site the 105 does not play soft to flex. I play 120x and swung a 105x yesterday and it felt very stiff.

The modus 105 plays on the lighter side of stiff but it is not whippy, however it is lively.....I played it in the S flex and had no problems with it being too soft. I prefer the modus 105 to the 120 . The version i played was the pro to ST which i heard were the modus 105 with no changes

I did. And they lost. I'd be curious to hear how they compared to those STP's (?) of yours though.

got the st proto models in 3 sets of iron at present in x flex. def not too stout.

they are very light and I find them pretty tight without being to taught and rod like.

im not really a fan of the light weight but I like what they can do in low launching masda and srixon heads. although I find my self swinging a little too fast with them at times.

they do launch very high but they are most def tight.

id thini f u like smooth light steel shafts these are ver ygood. the ydo go high tho. the comparable ones ive got are shimada 3001 similar weight and feel, maybe a touch whippier and slighty lower , just redoing a set of miuras with them.

the 6 iron tested very well.

I thought slightly softer flex and slightly lower than the st (105) modus.

• 2 months later...