Dogatti PT shaft

nobmontana

Subsequent to having Gold's Factory install a Dogatti PT135 shaft in my Custom IPT putter a couple of months ago, I just got another one of these shafts for my Geo Galaxy blade.

Pressed in the tip to the hosel just now ( not glued yet ) and rolled a ball with it to see how it felt...

Wow!! This shaft makes my putters feel like magic!! Pronounced "dense feel with the edge rolled off" if that makes any sense. As pricey as they are, I think they're totally worth it.

Not only does it improve the overall feel at impact, the extra stiffness adds stability to the stroke as well.

Edited by nobmontana

Perhaps I should have got a Dogatti when I had Golds redo my MOZ :(

You certainly have a big wrap on the shaft!

• 4 weeks later...

Cant find much information on these. What I did find was from Sigma Golf $355 $288.

I'd like to know what length the shaft comes in.

What's the hosel size?

I am assuming you mean tip size... :)

Actual spec I believe is 9.2mm ( 0.362" ) for the black and 9.3mm ( 0.366" ) for the red/white paint.

( maybe it's a typo on their site or they actually account for the different type of paint ? )

By default, it is for a .370" hosel, but you can shave down the tip to make it fit a .355" hosel.

BTW, if your Yamada putters are shaft over hosel models, obviously , you won't be able to use these shafts.

Edited by nobmontana

I am assuming you mean tip size... :)

Actual spec I believe is 9.2mm ( 0.362" ) for the black and 9.3mm ( 0.366" ) for the red/white paint.

( maybe it's a typo on their site or they actually account for the different type of paint ? )

By default, it is for a .370" hosel, but you can shave down the tip to make it fit a .355" hosel.

Thank you so much for the precise answer!

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this shaft? I am considering getting one. I am going for a SAM putter fitting in March, and then plan to build a putter to the specs that the SAM lab gives me. Thought I may add this shaft to the custom putter. Either going with Lajosi or Byron Morgan to build it.

WELL YES............................

ok

this is THE best putter shaft of all time.

spechless

in my centre shafted docus on fast summer greens this is an absolute beauty,

it feels CRAP.............. seriously its so tight , so taught and so tingy it makes steel feel like rubber!

im 100% all in.

most people will hate it .

I love it

12 thumbs up

cheers nobs , uve done it again sir!

WELL YES............................

ok

this is THE best putter shaft of all time.

spechless

in my centre shafted docus on fast summer greens this is an absolute beauty,

it feels CRAP.............. seriously its so tight , so taught and so tingy it makes steel feel like rubber!

im 100% all in.

most people will hate it .

I love it

12 thumbs up

cheers nobs , uve done it again sir!

Right on, Stew-san!!

I think this putter shaft works well with any head from a functional performance standpoint ,

but when it comes to feel, I think it might better match a head with very soft feel. Carbon steel or something with a softer insert.

If you use it on a firm feeling putter, I think the shaft just amplifies that firmness. But then again, feel is subjective so, you may actually like the pronounced firmness.

exactly............,

that's why I thought it wud be great in the deep PZ mill golds GSS.

the lighter milling on the docus really does amplify the taughtness and its a very specific feel

its a point shoot.. ting " putter, the distance exactness was great. I putted so well with this thing I didn't want to take anything else out.

super snazzy looking shaft as well.

don't think ill bother with the others now.

I rolled a few with a Seven Dreamers putter shaft today...

Ha ha. Boom baby.

I rolled a few with a Seven Dreamers putter shaft today...

Just when I thought my experiment with putter shafts was over!!

Do they also do fitting for each player?

Better yet. A single piece shafted putter entirely milled from a hi mod carbon fiber ingot!!!

Do tell.... and what putter head?