Need help with Fujikura/Muziik Bangvoo premium shaft

Cforselius

Hello guys. Got a Gran Prix one minute driver shafted with a fujikura Muziik bangvoo premium shaft at 250 cpm. Length 46 inch.

While I do not care for the head, Im eager to keep the shaft since I will never be able to buy a new one.

Questions is: Im not sure about the cpm scale. It says Stiff but I think its a tad soft for me. If I would like a playing lenght at 45, should I tip trim 1/2 inch and 1/2 inch at butt or is 250 cpm true to a Stiff flex so I only have to trim butt.

Thanks lads.

First, if you put a different head on it, the new head could weigh different from the Gran Prix, which could cause a slight flex difference. Otherwise I would butt trim to 45.5 and try again. if still too soft, tip trim 0.5 after that.

If you want to do it all it one step, I would tip trim 0.5 and butt trim 0.5 if heads weigh the same. 20-25 grams of head weight is equal to about one full flex difference, so head weight difference would be very slim effect on flex.

Edited by donnieu

I think this is the right approach

They claim 250cpm based on some pre-determined head weight and length.

So if conditions change, you could have different CPM.

Also, you probably want to make sure you end up with enough swing weight.

If you focus too much on the CPM, you could end up with a super light swing weight in the "C" range,

Nothing wrong with that if you like very light swing weight.

I would suggest selling that shaft and buy a Muziik Bangvoo 787 in stiff. CPM's @ 265 and a weight in the 70g range it'll be great at 45" or less. Very good shaft.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Im actually on the course now trying my A-Grind classic and this combo. And the A-Grind is pure perfection for me so this combo will go on BST when christmas is over. PM me if you are interested. It will go cheap.