JDM hybrids

magpies

Hello mates,

I was just wondering, are the JDM hybrids as good as the US market hybrids? In terms of performance such as distance and forgiveness. I know that JDM makes great product and are known for feel. But comparing between the new Titleist 816 and M1 hybrids, are they any better as say compared to the new release such as Epon 903 hybrid and the Modart?

Edited by magpies

I have an RC 2 hybrid and onoff type S 24* hybrid and they aren't going anywhere.

As always, finding the right shaft is the secret, but the heads are so reliable and solid.

I've hit a number of both USDM and JDM. Actually I got a Bridgestone Club-X Prototype from Tad Moore in 1997 which was the first hybrid I ever saw, but never really bagged one until Sonartec came out with an old RC design 10-12 years later. Anyways, I think it is mostly down to the shaft how a hybrid performs. Distance is not so relevant to me though, well it is, but not that it is long, I need it to be right in-between my 4-iron and 3-wood. Hitting my 4-iron about 200 I want the hybrid around 215. Then finding a hybrid that I can take some off or put a little extra into is key for versatility. I'm changing 3-woods this season as the one I have played is too long and the gap too big.

Thus, I would first figure out how long I want my hybrid to be, if I can have versitility in it by swinging easy or hard to hit it 10 yards shorter och 10 yards longer, then if it has the desired trajectory. I would go with a slightly stiffer shaft in a hybrid for this sake.

I just realise I posted this topic in the wrong section. Could the moderator help with moving the topic. Apologies on that.

Edited by magpies

Japan has the U.S market hybrids and their own. To me JDM land has the better hybrids for sure.

A-Grind Prototype Wood

Modart MA01H

Baldo 568

Maruman Shuttle ( FW is severely underrated as well )

PRGR Egg UT is silly easy/straight and long I hit the 4UT about 215yds which is longer than my 18* 5 wood.

etc.. etc.. etc..

The list goes on and on what really it comes down to is what your skills are like and what your needs are:

- compact/workable/deeper face

- larger/straight/higher launching/more shallow face

Japan has the U.S market hybrids and their own. To me JDM land has the better hybrids for sure.

A-Grind Prototype Wood

Modart MA01H

Baldo 568

Maruman Shuttle ( FW is severely underrated as well )

PRGR Egg UT is silly easy/straight and long I hit the 4UT about 215yds which is longer than my 18* 5 wood.

etc.. etc.. etc..

The list goes on and on what really it comes down to is what your skills are like and what your needs are:

- compact/workable/deeper face

- larger/straight/higher launching/more shallow face

Thanks for the feedback. Which would you recommend for a forgiving and long hybrid? One that is very easy off the rough would be preferred. I usually have no problem on the deck, but have issues in the rough.

I always prefer a shallow face hybrid. However, I went for a Titleist fitting last week, and found out I am more of a digger than sweeper. So does the deep face/ shallow face matters?

Edited by magpies

Thanks for the feedback. Which would you recommend for a forgiving and long hybrid? One that is very easy off the rough would be preferred. I usually have no problem on the deck, but have issues in the rough.

I always prefer a shallow face hybrid. However, I went for a Titleist fitting last week, and found out I am more of a digger than sweeper. So does the deep face/ shallow face matters?

RomaRo Alpha no doubt, easy up, very long, very straight, just slightly larger than a compact hybrid and doesn't look all that funky.

In terms of forgivenss and distance it's still the Ryoma U that reigns supreme, not the absolute easiest for turf contact and easy up but still super easy compared to most, downside is the rounded and larger shape.

Oh man. The romaro looks very similar to the epon 902 i just sold. Is it hooky?

I used the Ryoma. It is too big for my liking. Besides, i like something with better turf interaction.

Edited by magpies

The A-Grind hybrids are absolutely top notch. Long, straight, no hook tendency, and great from fwy or rough. They don't get the props they deserve. Fantastic little clubs.

Definitely A-Grind

And I really have to try the proto

But as said before , the shaft is the key

I'd throw romaro ch2 in there. I had the 19 in the bag all year and just got the 16 and 22. They are the best I've hit in a while..

Recently build a Proceed TOUR CONQUEST R TI UT -PREMIUM-/waccine compo 315tb UT

Stupid easy to hit even in the rough and nice feel too.

Had a Romaro Type-R UT before, one of the best feel and performance UT I have ever hit.

Based on what you mention it would be:

A-Grind Proto

My personal favorite Modart MA01H

Will it be on the store soon ?

so many options. I will be very interested in the a grind now. If anyone have a 23 degree for sale please let me know. recently just missed out on one.

Edited by magpies

Will it be on the store soon ?

Don't worry about the store, I can get everything, some stuff even prior to release.

Yes I will add it to the store and make a post about these today as I've had more than a few rounds with it.

Don't worry about the store, I can get everything, some stuff even prior to release.

Yes I will add it to the store and make a post about these today as I've had more than a few rounds with it.

Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

Bro,

Have u experiment it with different shafts or play it with a shorter length to get ur desired feel?

I used to have issue with my 3hybrids ( my swing is ever inconsistent) and then I bought a JDM Romaro UT 21 from dreamer. It has to be the most forgiving, longest n straightest hybrid. It has been a keeper since ( a good 1 year or so) thou I have been playing with different shaft bassara, tourAD UT and now finally settled on Diamana thump.

To me, the head gives me the feel and the shaft gives me the engine to drive the club.

• 3 months later...

hi

looking at a more iron like hybrid, strong loft 17-18deg. Narrowed down to ibird, egg & callaway apex. I read ibird is the longest & most forgiving ?

Thks

Modart Hybrid is awesome and i hate hybrids.....

Modart Hybrid is awesome and i hate hybrids.....

I play this myself for a long time in Ho'ing years. Its not a distance monster but it is straight, penetrating, great feel and so reliable. I love the FW as well and now the new + driver.