RomaRo Ray 435LX - similar driver

Jazz18

Hi folks. Pretty new to JDM golf clubs. Only been into them for a few months now. Really enjoying it. Anyway, I need a little help with drivers. The first ever JDM purchase for me was a RomaRo Ray 435LX driver head. It's a 9deg head and I matched it with an Attas 6 star 5S shaft. Goes really well. Probably the lowest spinning driver I've ever had, definately the longest. The only thing is it launches a bit low so I've been on the lookout for a 10deg but have not found one. Can anyone suggest what else is similar in size, shape, face height, spin performance etc. Ideally would love to stick with the same head, just in a higher loft but if there is something else out there that is similar, I'm open to trying something new. Cheers.

Hi folks. Pretty new to JDM golf clubs. Only been into them for a few months now. Really enjoying it. Anyway, I need a little help with drivers. The first ever JDM purchase for me was a RomaRo Ray 435LX driver head. It's a 9deg head and I matched it with an Attas 6 star 5S shaft. Goes really well. Probably the lowest spinning driver I've ever had, definately the longest. The only thing is it launches a bit low so I've been on the lookout for a 10deg but have not found one. Can anyone suggest what else is similar in size, shape, face height, spin performance etc. Ideally would love to stick with the same head, just in a higher loft but if there is something else out there that is similar, I'm open to trying something new. Cheers.

Welcome to the forums sir, this model is no longer sold. It was replaced by the 455LX Type-R but that said their best driver is the RomaRo Alpha based on customer feedback it's longer distance across the board high trajectory/fairly low spin.

One thing you can do is put a higher spin higher launching shaft in it to help you get your launch angle up.

Welcome Rich, You have ho-gressed well and I am sure that you can find lots of shinny in here! Even better lots of good guys and many very experienced JDM Ho's. Have fun.

the new Romaro Gold is non-conforming and very long.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank for the welcome guys. Need a conforming driver so would still love to hear about any suggestions about what would be similar to the Romaro Ray 435 LX in spin and launch. Just need options as I'm looking for something with more loft. Cheers.

Hey man, good to see you here on the boards. If you after a monster low spin available in a higher loft but strong flight with low spin and traditional face....well....Crazy 435 comes to mind...but beware the beast. Or the crazy 460 for more forgiveness.

Just drop me an email [email protected]

I need to first zero in on a few things in order to help with a recommended head/shaft combo