Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sgjt4me

PXG Parson Extreme Golf

166 posts in this topic

Just saw these irons and driver. Seems interesting. Anybody have any experience with PXG? I see Zach Johnson switched to them. It looks like GoDaddy founder started this company because he was spending too much money on clubs. He says he spent $250K-$300K in clubs. YIKES!

Their latest signings on PGA and LPGA are indeed quite impressive.

Their woods are very aggressive on distance, not that forgiving though. Irons are just ok IMO. I Demo all their clubs and felt all their irons and Hybrids have heavier heads comparing with both JDM and US brand, which request higher standard on shafts fitting.

Their woods are very aggressive on distance, not that forgiving though. Irons are just ok IMO. I Demo all their clubs and felt all their irons and Hybrids have heavier heads comparing with both JDM and US brand, which request higher standard on shafts fitting.

With so many tungsten screws on their clubs, they must have been fine-tuned by Zach Johnson & co to ridiculous levels.

I know several guys are using their irons, and each everyone loves them, except me. I listed a 3 hybrid at a pretty good price somewhere else, and got it sold within 2 minutes.

I'm pretty sure the owner of PXG never owned a 7D shaft, golds factory putter, or other high end JDM boutique clubs unless he has a personal shopper with us.

300k a year in clubs buys a lot of USDM.

Deleted

Edited by Mjr. D

Not my cup of tea.

The generic looking weight screws make them look cheap.

but I heard these are very expensive.

Although I don't like the look of the tungsten screws yet (it may grow on me), I do think this is a good direction for club building. This enables the golfer to alter the MOI, SW, and CG of an iron without pulling it apart and rebuilding. Even a rebuild could not change the CG which is also very important.

In fact, I was chatting about this last year that club manufactures should put adjustable weights in the iron heads.

Forgot to mention that their lineup of PGA and LPGA players are incredible... As a startup, this company is making HUGE strides.

...In fact, I was chatting about this last year that club manufactures should put adjustable weights in the iron heads.

Taylormade did this a several years ago and I don't recall many people even noticing and even fewer speaking very highly of it. Often advancements take time to be accepted. Ping was using adjustable hosels in their drivers 15 years ago and nobody cared then either.

I believe the weights in the irons are not adjustable. I think they tried to do adjustable but could not do it. The weights on the outside are for higher moi.

The 2011 Taylormades most certainly were weight adjustable...

i actually like the looks of the irons. i definitely wouldn't mind trying the "t" models.

The 2011 Taylormades most certainly were weight adjustable...

I think he's talking about the PXG, Mikey, as I understand those not to be adjustable in the current version. I'm guessing that has to do with construction because these have a thin face and are filled with some sort of elastomer.

Aesthetics I can wrap my head around...an adjustable-weight blade head I can definitely wrap my head around...a hollow/injected head is where they lose me. Having said that, they are definitely making splashes, showing that some guys can just get it done. Of course, being resource heavy definitely helps that. As I understand it, btw, he hired Ping engineers (a decent number, I think) to design these.

Agree, he is resource heavy and did hire ping engineers. It would be nice to have those resources and be able to design/produce my own clubs!!

These are the real deal, I was so impressed, I purchased a set.

post-11488-0-29682900-1452188386_thumb.j

attachicon.gifIMG_0516.JPG

what shafts did you have installed? did you get the driver too? What's the price on them, if I may ask.

what shafts did you have installed? did you get the driver too? What's the price on them, if I may ask.

Shafts, Modus 105's

No to driver as my existing one's figures were superior for me but most probably will get the 3 wood.

Price is very high but they have been made to my exact specification with zero tolerance.

Shafts, Modus 105's

No to driver as my existing one's figures were superior for me but most probably will get the 3 wood.

Price is very high but they have been made to my exact specification with zero tolerance.

can you please share your experience with the fitting? How is it done? Did you go to Arizona for this?

I answered a 16 question, questionaire.😀

No, as, I live in the UK, Arizona, was not possible.

It was an intense session with my fitter who is one of a few suppliers of the brand in the UK.

Nobody near me (St. Louis, MO) is a fitter for PXG. Would love to give them a try?

What are you most impressed by?

attachicon.gifIMG_0516.JPG

Very nice! Can you give us a short review on your experience with the irons? Any irons you can compare them to?

Also, I would love to know if they adjusted the screws on the irons to your swing or is that just on the hybrid, woods, driver.

+1 to a review and what you liked about the irons, hybrid, woods...