Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sgjt4me

PXG Parson Extreme Golf

166 posts in this topic

From this video, I believe the screws in the irons are non-adjustable. ???

will give a complete review after a few more rounds but in the meantime;

From this video, I believe the screws in the irons are non-adjustable. ???

Hey that's my club builder. Great guy.

It's pretty straight forward breaking these down:

1. 2 piece head = forged body with stainless steel face - this is a good combo for distance

2. hollow body - good for forgiveness sometimes bad for feel

3. plastic & rubber injected aka TPE into it - good for vibration absorbing & improves feel

4. perimeter weighting using screws - To position weight in proper areas

It's all been done before just not all of these in 1 single club. It's like taking the Titleist T-MB and injecting turbo rubber into it.

Which now makes me wonder how is the TM-B so soft without the rubber injection? I think this irons direct competitor is the T-MB and it would be interesting to see how the two compare against each other.

The same people who like the T-MB should also like the PXG but the same people who dislike the T-MB for a couple of reasons may also dislike the PXG.

Those reasons are 1) doesn't setup like a traditional butter knife blade & 2) while muted and soft feeling it doesn't feel as pure as a traditional blade.

The positives would be forgiveness for it's size, distance due to 2 piece construction, and feel due to TPE material injections.

So I would be curious to hear from owners of both irons T-MB vs PXG which one they prefer.

Chris, spot on with your comments, I was all set for buying the Titleist T-MB, irons unfortunately they are like hens teeth in the UK and you can only buy (try) the 2, 3, 4 & 5 irons. The T-MB are really nice but the PXG are superior in feel and quality imo.

PXG also make a tour model which is smaller has a thinner top line and sole which the tour players are using.

How do you figure better in quality? One is made by Endo TMB, the other in China PXG

I can tell by looks alone the finish isn't top notch like the T-MB and the tungsten is a blend for durability.

There is no such thing as zero tolerance btw not even in nano tech.

But anyhow I'm all for raising the bar, and these do just that I'm just cautious on the hype currently surrounding the brand and the price.

TSG is not able to offer these because we sell online and don't do in person fittings, we were in contact long before release.

How do you figure better in quality? One is made by Endo TMB, the other in China PXG

I can tell by looks alone the finish isn't top notch like the T-MB and the tungsten is a blend for durability.

There is no such thing as zero tolerance btw not even in nano tech.

Have you held both in your hand? I have. Have you hit both?, I have. Thats how, I can comment.

You can tell by the looks alone? Maybe you need glasses?

Zero tolerance is a saying not a literal meaning.

Have you held both in your hand? I have. Have you hit both?, I have. Thats how, I can comment.

You can tell by the looks alone? Maybe you need glasses?

Zero tolerance is a saying not a literal meaning.

I've only held and hit the T-MB not the PXG but yes I can tell the difference in finish and do know a bit about where both clubs are made and hands down Endo makes the better finish and is second to none in iron manufacturing... no I don't need glasses and don't be a wise ass or your gone. I'm trying to have a constructive conversation here.

I'm simply asking you how do you figure its better in quality, take no offense to that.

Banned twice, would that be a record?

No offence was taken Chris and no offence was given, its called banter.

I agree, Endo do make top quality heads and are second to none.

The only way, I can quantify quality is the way the club feels and plays and if I felt they were inferior in any way to the T-MB's they would not be in my bag.

Yes, they are ridiculosly priced and the hype around them is off putting to some but you could say that about several JDM brands, as well.

If you are ever in London, you are welcome to try them.

Banned twice, would that be a record?

No offence was taken Chris and no offence was given, its called banter.

I agree, Endo do make top quality heads and are second to none.

The only way, I can quantify quality is the way the club feels and plays and if I felt they were inferior in any way to the T-MB's they would not be in my bag.

Yes, they are ridiculosly priced and the hype around them is off putting to some but you could say that about several JDM brands, as well.

If you are ever in London, you are welcome to try them.

Thank you! I'm in London a couple times a year last in Oct and it would be nice to actually play golf there for a change, next time I'm there is June 1st on our way back to Italy and the weather should be nice we could banter in person and I bet your a good s**t talker during a round which is my favorite type of golf partner :)

Look I know you and I have got into it in the past, and no banned twice is not a record I always let folks back in that carry a level head. What I'm not down with is a particular type of banter which sometimes I am guilty of myself.

Let's move this thread forward, Im not a Titleist fan boy but I love the T-MB and it just happens to be the most similar design to PXG with PXG having 1up by using TPE and Titleist having a 1up by using Endo. It's an interesting match up. I think what would help is your subjective review and comparison between the two, I think that's what TSG'ers want to see most.

The thing that bites me about PXG is I feel like the customer is paying for their R&D, if not that then it's profit or market positioning using a higher price and each of the last two imo are fine. I don't believe it's in the cost of manufacturing and other OEMs do not pass the cost of R&D "directly" into the price of a product, that is something they absorb over time. So right now it's an interesting time for PXG at peak hype with new signings and the high price catches eyes.

On the internet usually everything new is often better but I'm most interested in the how and why its good as everything else is a side show.

"PXG 0311 irons are the world’s sexiest, most forgiving golf clubs that launch higher, go farther, feel softer and have a sweet spot the size of Texas. The irons are made with the finest alloys and are manufactured using a costly, sophisticated process that only we would use."

Above is the stuff that creates question marks, USDM marketing at it's finest and it leaves me asking what process is that and what is this finest alloy?

HT1770 is the face material and this is nothing new many brands use it, TPE type materials we have seen many times before with TourStage, Epon and others. Forged body we have all seen that.

I do believe they should be great though based on what we broke down earlier.

Chris, love to meet up for a round or two, PM, me some dates and I will arrange some of England's finest. My mate up north will also be eager to join us.

Let me play the clubs for a few weeks and I will give a subjective review. I cannot promise a direct copmparison with the T-MB's but will be truthful whatever the outcome.

They look pretty serious, I expect them to go mainstream growing quickly:

Next designs patent registered:

post-18-0-39384500-1452282307_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-46314300-1452282316_thumb.jpg

Well, I am getting the T-MBs from TSG and there is only one reasonable way to end this debate, I am going to get the 0311t irons as well and then send out my comparison :) The T-MBs come in 3-4 days, the PXGs in 1-1.5 weeks now...

Well, I am getting the T-MBs from TSG and there is only one reasonable way to end this debate, I am going to get the 0311t irons as well and then send out my comparison :) The T-MBs come in 3-4 days, the PXGs in 1-1.5 weeks now...

Awesome! this is the ultimate way a heads up battle!

Awesome! Dibs on the pxgs if the don't work out ;)

Should be quite a review.

What is interesting is that Ryan Moore was the first pro signed. In my opinion Ryan always likes to play with something a little different.

....anyway we'll all know five years from now...LOL

Mike, you're da man

Good heavensim lost.

Tit mbs are like massive earth moving shovels in my eyes and these pin encrsuted tunnel makers wud need grass like rainforest to hit from.

What the hell ...

Looks like traditional proper irons are lost to a bygone player

Looks like in a dinosaur again

interested in seeing the comparisons as well, and hopefully will be able to swing both myself...holla Amadeus Bachman!!

I think parsons made these astronomically priced to set them apart from others, similar to his move with the golf course he purchased in Arizona and encouraging existing members to leave so he can try and me it a true invite-only ultra high end golf club like Augusta. For his golf endeavors, he seems to want to spare no expense and make everything ultra exclusive.

Absolutely D, you can hit them all :)

For me, the best all around blade is the P2 (looks, feel, turf interaction and distance - obviously forgiveness is just ok and its not the best in wet/soggy conditions).

Beyond that, I think its fun to see how technology can push the envelope. Yes, the screws on the PXG are a little off-putting and the T-MBs had no reason to darken the sole and could have really made it look like a blade, but they wanted to set themselves a part in looks.

We will see. The P2s are absolutely my warmer weather irons, now its time to find something a little more forgiving for winter (testing Epon 303s as we speak...)

It just so happens that I happen to have a set of both PXG 311s and the Titleist T MBS. the PXGS are shafted with Accra 90I graphite 1/2 inch longer , and the T MBS with NIPPON Zelos 7 shafts.

Right now I would have to give an edge to the PXGS. They have great distance control, and have been very accurate. Its been a warm and extremely wet winter season in the mid atlantic around DC. The PXGS seem to be better mudder clubs than the T MB.s, and are more forgiving. Im playing on dormant bermuda grass that is dead and soaked.

i have a very mixed bag of 2015 PRGR EGGS thru the 8 iron and Parsons 8-PW for winter conditions. . The wide sole and jacked up firepower of the EGGS are perfect in winter conditions for the longer clubs. I hit the EGG 7 the same distance as the PXG 6. and obviously the PXG has more shot workability. The EGGS go high straight and far and are still my benchmark for wow factor.. The Parsons irons are pinpoint accurate (maybe the most accurate Ive ever hit. The PW is also fantastic around the greens for chipping.

I have not given the T MBS a proper workout yet, but they feel impressive at impact. I will WAIT until spring to test them further.

I also have a PXG 7W. Despite the screws it a has a solid foamed/hotmelted feel. The screws can be moved / and loft adjusted, the black screws are lighter and the silver screws are heavier. They are very effective at changing trajectory. Its a damn solid consistent club. Screws on the irons are fixed. That said the Maruman Shuttle fws are the new gold standard for. me. Autopilot easy to hit and great performance off the deck.

Edited by driverhead

I tried the PXG irons shafted with aerotech steel fiber and must admit the feel was awesome. Surprisingly easy to hit for a MB type irons. Just the price is putting me off. From my point of view the onoff kuros are the softest irons that I played (although a CB) and my current gamer.

It just so happens that I happen to have a set of both PXG 311s and the Titleist T MBS. the PXGS are shafted with Accra 90I graphite 1/2 inch longer , and the T MBS with NIPPON Zelos 7 shafts.

Right now I would have to give an edge to the PXGS. They have great distance control, and have been very accurate. Its been a warm and extremely wet winter season in the mid atlantic around DC. The PXGS seem to be better mudder clubs than the T MB.s, and are more forgiving. Im playing on dormant bermuda grass that is dead and soaked.

i have a very mixed bag of 2015 PRGR EGGS thru the 8 iron and Parsons 8-PW for winter conditions. . The wide sole and jacked up firepower of the EGGS are perfect in winter conditions for the longer clubs. I hit the EGG 7 the same distance as the PXG 6. and obviously the PXG has more shot workability. The EGGS go high straight and far and are still my benchmark for wow factor.. The Parsons irons are pinpoint accurate (maybe the most accurate Ive ever hit. The PW is also fantastic around the greens for chipping.

I have not given the T MBS a proper workout yet, but they feel impressive at impact. I will WAIT until spring to test them further.

I also have a PXG 7W. Despite the screws it a has a solid foamed/hotmelted feel. The screws can be moved / and loft adjusted, the black screws are lighter and the silver screws are heavier. They are very effective at changing trajectory. Its a damn solid consistent club. Screws on the irons are fixed. That said the Maruman Shuttle fws are the new gold standard for. me. Autopilot easy to hit and great performance off the deck.

PRGR Egg or Super Egg's yank the shafts add a big tip weight & install heavier stiffer shafts and a fatter grip. This is the literally the straightest longest easiest to hit setup I've experienced. Second is the Yamaha UD+2 in a similar build.

Maruman Shuttle FW has one of the smartest designs in a FW today, a full size heavy metal plate covering the sole allowing it's somewhat deeper than shallow face to get the ball up as if it was a shallower head.

I have a fitting with Modern Golf in Toronto. who is the only Fitter authorized for PXG in Canada. I'm going in for a driver fitting but will ask to hit the PXG iron. Assuming their test club with be a 6 iron (27* @ 37 5/8"), I'll bring my both my Honma TW171M and Fourteen TC930 5-iron (27* @ 38") with PX 6.0 and choke down 1/2" to compare.

If anyone has $12,500 to spare, they can get the clubs and a few rounds of golf at Bob's exclusive golf club =)

https://www.pxg.com/pxg-experience

Second is the Yamaha UD+2 in a similar build.

I hit the UD+2 "7-iron" which is 5-iron lofted (well they did advertise you'd hit two clubs longer) but it was so much easier to hit the UD+2 than any of my 5-irons. Nice and high trajector like a 7 with carry distance of a 5....

At some point in the future I'll get the UD+2 5 iron to replace my 3-iron....