sgjt4me

PXG Parson Extreme Golf

we just need a Japan-only version!

Wow. I've never been called an elitist. You must really like those irons.

It wasn't a compliment and I think you missed the point. It's not about liking the irons. Your comment was lazy. Not having a go at you but

just cannot stand the blanket statement that all clubs are below par compared to JDM.

Epon and Miura are in most peoples eyes the top tier of JDM brands and to use Chris's watch analogy, Patek, AP and Vacheron are the top tier of watch brands, the next tier would be JL, Breguet and A Lange Sohne.., the next tier would be Rolex. ......, Now, Rolex in my opinion use superior metals and are equal in quality of manufacture to the brands in the top two tiers but they will never be elevated to the top tiers. To say Rolex are not as good as Patek etc is rubbish, they are what they are. I myself prefer watchmakers like Phillipe Dufour, Laurent Ferrier and Greubel Forsey, they are mostly independent and make fantastic watches but how many of you have heard of them? (hope, I have not missed out your favourite brands). This is my point.

It wasn't a compliment and I think you missed the point. It's not about liking the irons. Your comment was lazy. Not having a go at you but

just cannot stand the blanket statement that all clubs are below par compared to JDM.

Epon and Miura are in most peoples eyes the top tier of JDM brands and to use Chris's watch analogy, Patek, AP and Vacheron are the top tier of watch brands, the next tier would be JL, Breguet and A Lange Sohne.., the next tier would be Rolex. ......, Now, Rolex in my opinion use superior metals and are equal in quality of manufacture to the brands in the top two tiers but they will never be elevated to the top tiers. To say Rolex are not as good as Patek etc is rubbish, they are what they are. I myself prefer watchmakers like Phillipe Dufour, Laurent Ferrier and Greubel Forsey, they are mostly independent and make fantastic watches but how many of you have heard of them? (hope, I have not missed out your favourite brands). This is my point.

I myself prefer JLC watches but that's just me....

I've been fortunate enough to hit all the above mentioned golf Clubs, and I could easily find Pros and Cons with ALL.

I play with a Boutique Brand, Buchi, which I'm told is a very good Manufacturing House/Brand, yet my 6 week old PW is showing signs of rust on the Face??....

Epon I played for Years, steadily went on a Decline in Quality and Design.

Miura, again liked them BUT I thought these looked old Hat too.

Hit PXG, and I was impressed, not by the Looks but they worked, actually straight off the Bat, they worked better than my own Clubs!!..... Results told the Story.

I think, on the whole High End Equipment, be that Audio/Cars/and Golf club's is just that ... High End and as a General Guide you Get Quality.

But I do agree that "we" need to open our eyes and minds to other Brands, that said this is in most Part a Japanese Golf Club Forum, so "we" are here for a Reason....

I

I didn't take it as a compliment. I believe I am entitled to my opinion and you are not the police of all the comments. And you're an asshole. How bout that?

this is a great quote also "I myself prefer watchmakers like Phillipe Dufour, Laurent Ferrier and Greubel Forsey, they are mostly independent and make fantastic watches but how many of you have heard of them?"

Look at me everyone!! my favorite brands are some you've never heard of! Wow....who is the elitist?

And FYI - I own PXG equipment. And they are good. But they aren't worth what they charge for them.....that is my opinion!

hi guys,

how much is PXG 0311 iron per club ? I heard it is around $300/iron with standard shaft ? Is it right around that number ?

thanks

I didn't take it as a compliment. I believe I am entitled to my opinion and you are not the police of all the comments. And you're an asshole. How bout that?

+1

Yes. That's close.

hi guys,

how much is PXG 0311 iron per club ? I heard it is around $300/iron with standard shaft ? Is it right around that number ?

thanks

so it's about the same price line with Epon iron then.

I would be interested to try this PXG iron after hearing all its high buzz :)

the new black irons are an extra $100. so, put in a decent shaft and you could be in the 450-500 range per iron. that seems more like Modart territory to me. and only Bachman can afford those

Sticks and stones break my bones but names never hurt me.

Nice way to end a good debate.

Prices: $300/head for the 0311; $350/head for the 0311t (tours); $100/head for the black finish.

Yep, similar price to the Modarts and the Modart CNC irons are (looks, feel and coolness), in a league of their own. Performance-wise, the PXGs beat the Modarts, but they are completely different constructed irons (obviously). For score reduction, PXG, for coolness & uniqueness, Modart (if you had to compare just the two of them).

Played yesterday with a guy sporting 0311 irons. Was permitted to hit a few shots with the irons. Impressed. Felt and preformed great and eerily reminded me of these: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/nickent-arc-blade-review/ in several ways, just a bit more refined. It would be a bit of a stretch to even wonder if some of Nickent's intellectual property (if any) has eventually fallen PXG's way after their demise. Certainly the ARC/TPE injected core doesn't seem to have followed Nickent's team to Williams Racing Golf - or the Nickent name to DSG. Although PXG pulled in some Ping brains, I wouldn't be surprised if someone there remembered hitting the Nickent ARC Blades and Wedges and drew inspiration heavily from them. (Here are the wedges: http://web.archive.org/web/20070311015419/http://www.nickentgolf.com/to_pr-070306_02.shtml)

Edited by Nolixul

good information Nolixul !

I did not know the injected core was already invented a long time ago

Well Nickent certainly used it. In fact the ARC Blades were their second go at it, as they had 3 years previously issued the Genex ARC Blades (http://web.archive.org/web/20070402105923/http://www.nickentgolf.com/pr_arc_blade.shtml). The later ARC Blades I referred to above were loads better and were just a standout set of irons. The PXGs have a similar feel, almost like the next evolution of the concept.

No idea if there was an attempt at an injected core blade before Nickent, but wouldn't be surprised if there has been. I would imagine that JDM would be the most likely market it would have been done in.

Prices: $300/head for the 0311; $350/head for the 0311t (tours); $100/head for the black finish.

Yep, similar price to the Modarts and the Modart CNC irons are (looks, feel and coolness), in a league of their own. Performance-wise, the PXGs beat the Modarts, but they are completely different constructed irons (obviously). For score reduction, PXG, for coolness & uniqueness, Modart (if you had to compare just the two of them).

Hmmmm....so ditch the Modarts and get the PXG ???? i know a guy........... :tsg_smiley_sun:

Edited by robbie

Played yesterday with a guy sporting 0311 irons. Was permitted to hit a few shots with the irons. Impressed. Felt and preformed great and eerily reminded me of these: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/nickent-arc-blade-review/ in several ways, just a bit more refined. It would be a bit of a stretch to even wonder if some of Nickent's intellectual property (if any) has eventually fallen PXG's way after their demise. Certainly the ARC/TPE injected core doesn't seem to have followed Nickent's team to Williams Racing Golf - or the Nickent name to DSG. Although PXG pulled in some Ping brains, I wouldn't be surprised if someone there remembered hitting the Nickent ARC Blades and Wedges and drew inspiration heavily from them. (Here are the wedges: http://web.archive.org/web/20070311015419/http://www.nickentgolf.com/to_pr-070306_02.shtml)

did his 0311 irons make any difference to his game???

did his 0311 irons make any difference to his game???

Good question and I don't know. Was an American guest (not mine) on a short business visit. He did try to hit my vintage blades .... wasn't pretty.

I bought these heads a month ago and paired them with KBS Black shafts. I am not the best player and my iron shots were spraying all over the course with my old irons. The PXG irons really helped improve my accuracy and gave me more confidence when standing over the ball. I like trying clubs and over the years I've owned Cleveland, Mizuno, OnOff, Miura, and my last set was a combo of the latest Srixons. The PXG's are by far the easiest to hit consistently. I do agree that they could be made a little more durable as they scar easily. If anyone is on the fence about giving these a try I would urge them to give them try and post their experiences here. I would like to know other players thoughts.

As a side note: I also own Shuttle fairway woods and would say the same about these as they are the easiest and most consistent woods for me. My Driver is a JBeam ZY-11 with a Seven dreamers shaft and I am still making adjustments to make this work for me but when hit correctly it really outperforms my other drivers by a few yards. Working on getting a Seven putter to complete the best performing bag that I have ever owned.

I don't post much but I stalk these forums everyday. I wanted to thank everyone for writing all of the reviews and giving me great posts to read. Thank you

They look very interesting, but I'm going a whole new direction for 2016, my first year as a seventy-year-old player.

I'm not going to improve much at this stage of the game, so from now on, it's all about fun.

Nifty the awesome thing about golf is you're still playing at 70!

Me, I''m a pup at 64 in a month. I keep wondering when I'll feel like I've peaked but honestly I think I'll play my best golf ever this year.

I can't quite imagine not trying to improve and refine. Even if the game is in decline. Just seems like that urge is baked into my golf dna