sgjt4me

PXG Parson Extreme Golf

Good discussion. I agree with Chris on this one and appreciate the sharing.

Love my PXGs and T-MBs ! 

On 06/04/2016 at 6:05 AM, 1dirtypanda said:

which club to hit?? hmmm.... doesn't matter. too drunk to care.

IMG_20160401_143523.jpg

IMG_20160401_150131.jpg

I love Hibiki too😃

Love the discussion to...and even if i'm a JDM lover,and more than that Epon fan....i'm asking myself if i'm not gone try this PXG irons :)
You say Chris that everything PXG do was done by JDM brands,so why people talk so much about PXG? It's only marketing?

12 minutes ago, Rougespringer91 said:

Love the discussion to...and even if i'm a JDM lover,and more than that Epon fan....i'm asking myself if i'm not gone try this PXG irons :)
You say Chris that everything PXG do was done by JDM brands,so why people talk so much about PXG? It's only marketing?

PXG irons are fantastic don't get me wrong.  they do perform very well I have played 3 rounds in a set swap with a member here.

PXG woods are basic and decent.   nothing special imo but still good.  

So why is there a craze?  It's about a great product combined with a solid business plan,  funding, and most importantly hype and marketing.  I do not mean that in a negative way.  

So who does this marketing target? a golfer who reads forums and blogs and changes equipment more frequently.  Let me give you an example. The most buzz on any forum are the players CB's,  the blades,  the super cool stuff like X flex shafts and tech tech tech.    When I post game improvement irons,  talk 11.5* lofts,  Senior flexes no one cares here.  But sales of those "not as cool" products absolutely crush the cool stuff.  

So you hang out in ground zero of the JDM, PXG, Epon, Miura, and TSG hype.  You are reading love for these brands because that is the segment of golfer who visits these forums and blogs.    I would say about 5% of TSG's customers visit the forum,  even less post in it.  Ready for mind blowing? - we sell a tone of Hello Kitty putters,  Katana,  12.5* lofted drivers,  senior flex shafts,  IE-05 honma irons and such.  these clubs sell way more than the cool stuff.  So in other words what is cool is what is talked about and it has nothing to do with what actually sells.

Smaller outfits without the client base do not experience this because they sell what they promote.  TSG sells what we promote but we sell even more of what we never promote because that segment of golfer is much larger.

So yes good product + marketing + you hang out in forums that have the type of player who talk about this stuff.

just my 2 cents from being a content creator and tracking sales for 15 years.  

Ok,little more clear now,thank you Chris ;)

On 8/28/2016 at 9:29 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

DAT55 vs DAT55G / 711Ti vs 811Ti - When a factory helps an OEM produce a new material only that factory can use it due to the IP,  so competing factories try to re-create it or similar then have to change the name a bit.  

U guys find interesting?  trying to share more stuff now days.

Absolutely.  

On 8/25/2016 at 10:31 PM, driverhead said:

I just heard that PXG is coming out with a PXG XF iron.   Same shape, but a bigger head and wider sole.

Charles Howell II just put the XF 4 iron in his bag. 

PXG0311XF-5.jpg

so my little experience with PXG irons,tha t i absolutly want to try.
I purchase on the BST,a set of 4/5/6 0311 and 7/8/9/P 0311T

I go to my club maker to try it,and see what shaft putt on the club.

I try: 6 iron with NS Pro 850Gh,7 iron with Zelos 8 and 9 iron with UST Mamiya 

I bring my regular set of irons Epon AF503/Muziik Bangvoo lite S

There is no difference in distance btw PXG and 503.
Feeling of 503 are much better for me

I understand better what Chris say about PXG,there are great but JDM are equal.

I think the big buzz come from owners of Callaway,or Ping or more commun irons that switch to PXG,big gap but same gap that btw normal usdm and premium jdm i think.

My opinion ;)

I had a chance to try PXG and was not impressed at all. Sorry and ll that but I just dont get the PXG craze..

I'm hearing the next PXG product will be in the range of $5000..

Smart businessman. Scare potential buyers by telling them the new models will be 1/3 more expensive and get them to act now on the current offerings. Going forward push the brand into even more ultra "elite" status and rely on golfers with big pockets (there are plenty) to support this. Involve ego and the response is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Mjr. D said:

Smart businessman. Scare potential buyers by telling them the new models will be 1/3 more expensive and get them to act now on the current offerings. Going forward push the brand into even more ultra "elite" status and rely on golfers with big pockets (there are plenty) to support this. Involve ego and the response is amazing. 

I like what they are doing only because their products are expensive to make.  On the other side of the coin look at Itobori,  their products are inexpensive to make yet they charge an arm and a leg for them.  I want something that cost the maker a lot of money but I don't want to pay for the millions they dished out to tour players.

Here's one.  Titleist T-MB,  to make its really expensive but Titleist wanted it to be more accessible to the masses.  Bad news is that the new 2017 T-MB will cost what it should have in the first place.  around 300 bucks per club.

It's all about what you get for your money.  PXG is somewhat fair considering what expenses they must have and how much it cost them to produce their clubs.

I was in Scottsdale and went to Cool Clubs and hit them and a couple of other irons. Very nice but the Apex pro's were only 2 yards shorter and a lot easier on the wallet. 

The 2nd generation of the PXG irons has just been announced and can be viewed on their website. 4 models this time.

I was quoted a full PXG set of 6000$. Does anyone know a good PXG fitter in or near New York area?