Easiest Driver To Hit?

Henry

With all things being equal, what has been your "easiest " JP driver you have ever hit? I always thought my Legacy Driver was it but looking for the next best easy driver for this year.

Where on the club face do you miss?

What does your bad shot or problem area look like?

The reason why I ask is because we all have different problems and issues so figuring this out is essential to finding what the easiest club for "you" would be.

Hard to believe but the S Yard T388 is the one for me in thst regards... It's so instinctive and I walk upto it and hit it like a 3 wood...it just sets up like that for me.

Ryoma maxima, stupid easy, straight and long. I have tried alot of different driver but in the end i will always go back to the Ryoma maxima.

Hard to believe but the S Yard T388 is the one for me in thst regards... It's so instinctive and I walk upto it and hit it like a 3 wood...it just sets up like that for me.

My Buddy find the S Yard T388 boring, becoz it so predictable, always go 1 direcion, straight and long :P .......

I must say it has to be the Epon AF-151 driver. I used to be going everywhere except the fairway but once I tried it, even on bad shots it is still beside the fairway.

Ryoma maxima, stupid easy, straight and long. I have tried alot of different driver but in the end i will always go back to the Ryoma maxima.

Hey Steven, isn't the original Ryoma better? I had the original Ryoma before. It is definitely forgiving but I felt that G30 and 915 are better.

I am trying to find a good JDM driver. But i always go back to the US drivers. Had the Epon 153 as well. It was just alright.

Edited by magpies

Hey Steven, isn't the original Ryoma better? I had the original Ryoma before. It is definitely forgiving but I felt that G30 and 915 are better.

I am trying to find a good JDM driver. But i always go back to the US drivers. Had the Epon 153 as well. It was just alright.

I never try the original one, but I had the ryoma maxima and the special Tuning version, For the ryoma head, u really need to find the right shaft, everyone said the same thing. I think end of the day, It just what work for u. you can buy my roddio to try on BST :P

I never try the original one, but I had the ryoma maxima and the special Tuning version, For the ryoma head, u really need to find the right shaft, everyone said the same thing. I think end of the day, It just what work for u. you can buy my roddio to try on BST :P

Haha thanks for the offer mate. But I am done with experimenting with JDM drivers. I came to a personal conclusion that I prefer the performance of US drivers. I will still be sticking to JDM mostly.

It's not the fact that you prefer USDM over JDM, what market its made for is totally irrelevant it's the driver/shaft/specs that best match your swing and hit well.

What people are blurting out in this thread is what works for them without understanding of what the original poster needs, so if your one to follow the pack based on another's optimal club then your bound to strike out more often than not.

If your truly committed to understanding the why behind the clubs you like or dislike then it takes effort in learning about your own swing and the specs that work or don't work for you.

It's not the fact that you prefer USDM over JDM, what market its made for is totally irrelevant it's the driver/shaft/specs that best match your swing and hit well.

What people are blurting out in this thread is what works for them without understanding of what the original poster needs, so if your one to follow the pack based on another's optimal club then your bound to strike out more often than not.

If your truly committed to understanding the why behind the clubs you like or dislike then it takes effort in learning about your own swing and the specs that work or don't work for you.

+1

totally agree

USDM / JDM don't mean jacks#*t if people don't know what their swing is like. I would can't even determine myself which driver out of the four that I have is easiest to hit. Some periods, the Honma would be easiest. In some, the 435. Couple of months ago i bought the M1 430. In some threads in other forums, they were saying the 460 was way easier to hit - to answer some bloke's question on which version of the M1 was easiest to hit. I know from "my" testing before purchase, I could not hit the 460 consistently straight or long. I didn't hit the 430 straight either, lol, but was less offline. So it's just better for my swing, that's all. I am also guilty of buying clubs or leaning towards a club because of others' opinions. It then becomes a crapshoot.

What i'm trying to say is that sure USDM (especially TM) over-rave and hype their new products, but this doesn't mean it's inferior (for certain people) to JDM. Sure, JDM is by far the better quality... but again, it might not work for you. Just testing and trying out different clubs and setups would be the way to go I think, even though most people can't afford the time/money to do so..

Totally agree. You have to be a student of your tools, and more importantly a student of your ballflight and fairways/ greens/ putts stats over a long period of time to really reap scoring benefits from all your "tinkering". I know the members on this site who probably swing it a bit like me - and so pay particular attention to their reviews. But ultimately it's up to ME to figure this stuff out.

What fun!!!!

Edited by daamartin

Quick story. I had a Wishon 919thi. Legendary forgiveness. Fitted by a good fitter, etc. Couldn't hit it anywhere even though plenty of long hitter love its distance. Switched to Jbeam blackout after thinking very carefully about head design. Long straight and as forgiving for me as Wishon - but 30 yards longer. (Swing is better, too, is part of this a but mainly better club for me created distance gain). Most contentented I have ever been with a driver. 1+ yr later.

Moral to the story is just what Chris said. The more you understand what you need the better the results. A 'players' driver is more forgiving and much longer for me than a 'forgiving' driver....

Quick story. I had a Wishon 919thi. Legendary forgiveness. Fitted by a good fitter, etc. Couldn't hit it anywhere even though plenty of long hitter love its distance. Switched to Jbeam blackout after thinking very carefully about head design. Long straight and as forgiving for me as Wishon - but 30 yards longer. (Swing is better, too, is part of this a but mainly better club for me created distance gain). Most contentented I have ever been with a driver. 1+ yr later.

Moral to the story is just what Chris said. The more you understand what you need the better the results. A 'players' driver is more f

orgiving and much longer for me than a 'forgiving' driver....

I love it! 30yds is no joke and what I hear a lot is aggressive swingers with higher spin and sometimes negative attack angles get this type of mad distance with Blackout 435 or ZY-11. smoother swingers with a positive angle and naturally low spin don't do as well and should hit the Glorious.

I found a driver that works for me, so I have my club fitter check all the components, so we would know in the future, what I need in a driver.

WOODS MFG. Driver- Callaway

MODEL - 816 DBD

HEAD WEIGHT - 202 grams

SHAFT MODEL - MRC Fubuki k60 x5ct

SHAFT WEIGHT- 66gm

SHAFT FREQ. - 269

LENGTH - 44.25 inches

LOFT - 9.2 degrees

LIE ANGLE* - 60 degrees

FACE ANGLE* - 2.5 degrees open

GRIP MODEL - Lamkin X10

GRIP WEIGHT - 50 grams

GRIP SIZE - 0.900

SWING WEIGHT - D2

TOTAL WEIGHT - 321grams

MOI - 2851 kg/cm2

Edited by Mob

I found a driver that works for me, so I have my club fitter check all the components, so we would know in the future, what I need in a driver.

WOODS MFG. Driver- Callaway

MODEL - 816 DBD

HEAD WEIGHT - 202 grams

SHAFT MODEL - MRC Fubuki k60 x5ct

SHAFT WEIGHT- 66gm

SHAFT FREQ. - 269

LENGTH - 44.25 inches

LOFT - 9.2 degrees

LIE ANGLE* - 60 degrees

FACE ANGLE* - 2.5 degrees open

GRIP MODEL - Lamkin X10

GRIP WEIGHT - 50 grams

GRIP SIZE - 0.900

SWING WEIGHT - D2

TOTAL WEIGHT - 321grams

MOI - 2851 kg/cm2

Thats a lot of good info but the big variables are the shafts design & profile and the heads design & characteristics.

Thats a lot of good info but the big variables are the shafts design & profile and the heads design & characteristics.

Yes, I seem to keep coming back to the Fubuki K shaft. It seems to match my swing, so I would look for shafts that have a similar profile if I were to go with something else. Just out of curiosity, if you were to do an online fitting with 7 Dreamers, could you reference shafts that work with your swing, so they could look at the shaft profile and incorporate these characteristics into the shaft that they make for you? I would assume that the online fitting is less accurate than the fitting done in person, but my question is how significant is this difference?

For me is simple, the one that keeps me on the short stuff more consistently (fairways hit), hit most drivers within 10m of each other...With lots of tinkering and thinking about the equipment (lofts, angles, weight placement etc) (flex, weight, spin etc) Most of my builds end up within a certain criteria for my swing. Dont get me wrong I still experiment with some gear that doesn't fit but I generally know what I am looking for. Its took an age and heaps of hoing, but thats just the nature of the process.

I love it! 30yds is no joke and what I hear a lot is aggressive swingers with higher spin and sometimes negative attack angles get this type of mad distance with Blackout 435 or ZY-11. smoother swingers with a positive angle and naturally low spin don't do as well and should hit the Glorious.

Well I am one of those smooth swingers. But all the conventional logic got turned on its head. 200-210 average to 230-240. This is pretty consistent, not just the outliers. I get the same carry but much more rollout. The shaft also seems to be right on target. One I learned to tee hit pretty high things really clicked. I am pretty convinced I am fully optimized for my swing. The putting this together took a lot of learning via all the trial and error.

Edited by chuck4golf