Grandsita's RS-F is VERY Good!

TourSpecGolfer

DSC08251-Edit.jpg

Introducing the new Grandsita RS-F Fairway Woods - with all the amazing fairway woods on TSG it's hard to choose "the right" one and here comes another stunner the RS-F3 by Grandista, lets start with some very good news, it's got a DAT55G face, a forward CG for lower spin, yet a fairly shallow face to help get the ball up, the cut away and two weight bars create a very stable trajectory. I've hit all 14/15/16* custom 3 wood lofts and can suggest these with confidence they stack up with the best of them for sure top 3 in my book as well.
Yoshida-san former tour pro and founder/designer of Grandista is on a roll, his drivers are top 5 in my book and this fairway wood is top of the heap as well, It's designed for the lower handicap player yet its extremely easy to hit with it's mid/high trajectory and due to less spin a tighter shot dispersion yet maintaining workability, sounds almost too good to be true but it all works out and compared against other JDM fairway woods for low handicap golfers these have a slight distance advantage as well.
DSC08293.jpg
More good news is with our direct relationship with Yoshida-san we can custom order 14/15/16/17/18/19* lofts ranging from 3 & 5 woods weak or strong custom hand picked this is a big plus for those who desire exact lofts to fill a certain gap or those who need a strong/weak 3 or 5 wood. I had a very easy time hitting the 14* with good launch where as with most other brand I don't do so well with the lower lofts, I think 14/17* is a great good combo and paired with a heavier stable shaft the trajectory was near perfect for me, this will definitely give my Modart a run for it's money and is good enough for me to consider buying a 7D shaft for this head.
DSC08298-Edit.jpg
Like the Grandista Driver the shape at address is off the charts pretty, it reminds me of a slightly more round A-Grind style shape and the size is just right with the 3 wood at a perfect 163cc's and the 5 wood at a smaller 153cc's. Yoshida-san really knows what he is doing.
DSC08253-Edit.jpg
f interested we will have these in the proshop later in the week, I also have 3 brand new heads in stock used for photos available 14/15/16* lofts if you email me at [email protected] Thanks for reading!
DSC08262-Edit.jpg

I like it over the A-Grind in feel, distance, and how it clips the ball off the ground. Traj. is about the same but RS-F flies in a more penetrating way. This one would kick my modart out if I can find another original FW80 shaft.

I've built my 16.5deg RS-F 3 wood head with a Basileus Beta FW shaft.

I have not had the chance to hit it outside yet. Only on an indoor simulator.

Getting good distance.

Chris, do you find the trajectory higher or lower based on said loft?

As you mention, the size is compact for a Ti head, which I really like.

Really compliments the driver nicely.

I am just waiting to see if Yoshida-san will come out with a Ti hybrid. :)

I've built my 16.5deg RS-F 3 wood head with a Basileus Beta FW shaft.

I have not had the chance to hit it outside yet. Only on an indoor simulator.

Getting good distance.

Chris, do you find the trajectory higher or lower based on said loft?

As you mention, the size is compact for a Ti head, which I really like.

Really compliments the driver nicely.

I am just waiting to see if Yoshida-san will come out with a Ti hybrid. :)

Hi Nob,

Yes for me at least trajectory 14* is higher than A-Grind 14* or Modart 14*.

I think I am seeing the same. though mine is 16.5 it does launch higher than what I am used to with other 16.5 heads I had in the past.

The only other fw I'd possibly like to try would be the Roddio Spoon if the performance is close to this one.

I think I am seeing the same. though mine is 16.5 it does launch higher than what I am used to with other 16.5 heads I had in the past.

The only other fw I'd possibly like to try would be the Roddio Spoon if the performance is close to this one.

Roddio's latest spoon is much harder to lift by far with it's deeper face I've hit it and it's on par with PRGR Egg Spoon in ease of getting up.

Will they make a Hybrid/ute??

I hope so, I can only guess they would. This is a brand I hope does really well so Yoshida-san can continue to make clubs, his designs are unique made for the pro'ish enthusiast which is a segment many TSG'ers will love.

I'm going for the 16-deg. I have a hole on my home course that is a blind 3-wd off the tee over a rising hill, and sometimes I skim the top of the hill when I hit my XV 3-wd. I want to keep the XV's distance, as there's a fwy bunker about 200 out on the right, but a little more height might be just the ticket.

Looks great. Similar face depth as the Ryoma or higher? Epon 202ht?

Slightly deeper than the 202HT. Just the right face depth in my opinion.

Looks great. Similar face depth as the Ryoma or higher? Epon 202ht?

Deeper than the 202HT but not as deep as the Ryoma.

Here is another angle:

post-18-0-03168200-1452467747_thumb.jpg

Feels great too!

Awesome....! Now I am very interested. My Modart 14* is awesome off the tee, just harder to get full height and length off the deck (the 16* was much easier to launch off the deck) but I found the 202ht too shallow and the Ryoma though too shallow off the tee.

Any setup comparison pics against the Modart (for profile size)?

very intriguing.. the head design is a bit too busy for me, but the setup look is where it counts, and this one is just too nice. Im impressed

Can we custom order in 13 Loft?

• 3 weeks later...

Got this and had time to hit and play around with it. This is a very pretty club. It has the perfect players profile (larger footprint than the Modart, a little deeper by a tad it seems) and a nice light tingy feel to it. As Chris mentioned, it has a higher, more natural trajectory for a 15* (compared to a lower 15* that you get with other woods - yes a shaft can change that and is instrumental in that height, I know). For me, it wasn't longer or shorter than other woods but was a pleasant to hit. So, if you like a more metallic feel, players profile, and to know all your exact specs when you look at the sole, this club is highly recommended :) Its also a pretty good deal for the build quality, looks and distance.

Thanks for the review!!

What shaft do you use in your RS-F? I started off with trying the Basilesus Beta FW,

but it didn't seem to provide the trajectory I would like to see. just a bit spinnier where the ball climbs higher at the end.

Mine is a 16.5 deg 3 wd head so that might be why....

Will be trying my 16 with a TRPX Redhot in the next week or so. Hitting it with my control shaft, I agree with M that it's a good solid feel, if a little metallic for my taste. Nice and long, the ball really jumps off the face.

I agree the face has almost a driver like pop to it.

And does have a metallic sound. but it's not overly loud.

I hear good things about the Evo II FW.

I am in the process of getting a 10g weight to get the head weight to 216g.

The added weight may provide a different trajectory, It might even go higher.... :)

Gonna try tipping the shaft a bit to see if it lowers the flight a bit. We'll see.

Edited by nobmontana

Will be trying my 16 with a TRPX Redhot in the next week or so. Hitting it with my control shaft, I agree with M that it's a good solid feel, if a little metallic for my taste. Nice and long, the ball really jumps off the face.

are you using the Type S or Type P ? Was really thinking about trying the Type P with this Grandista head but they are slightly too light.

I wish they'd make heavier FW shafts. Even the highly praised Crazy FW80 is sub 70g.

When the driver shaft is at 70g like mine is, I need to set up my fw with at least a 75g shaft.

I'll be using Type-S, nob-san. I've been using it very happily in my XV 3 and 5-woods, so expect the match to be good. Will let you know, but then, I tend to use lighter weight clubs than most throughout my bag.

are you using the Type S or Type P ? Was really thinking about trying the Type P with this Grandista head but they are slightly too light.

I wish they'd make heavier FW shafts. Even the highly praised Crazy FW80 is sub 70g.

When the driver shaft is at 70g like mine is, I need to set up my fw with at least a 75g shaft.

Diamana Thump?

Bangvoo 787 should fit the bill nob. Just mine built with a Kamui Work 5w and it was nearly in E swing weight range!