Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smstef

set of wedges , what you have ?

44 members have voted

1. 1. what are you using ?

• 52 - 58
    • 52-56-60
    • 52-58-64

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

easy one , just want to have an overview , curiosity :)

Actually 50/56 so I voted 52/58

52,56 and 60 for all different shots around the green and 100 meters in :)

52,56 and 60

52/56/64*

64 is basically much eaiser to hit than a 60 from my problem spots BUT if I pull the 64* out at the wrong time it hurts my game so rule of thumb is 64* only in bunkers or really short flops, getting under it is too easy so a short pitch 56* comes into play. I value the 64* so much more than a 60 because it is so delicate and easy out of green side bunkers.

If the 64 didn't exist I would play 52/58.

52, 58 for me. Honestly, a third wedge would just confuse me.

Due to the PW lofts seemingly getting stonger each year, the PW to 52 gap is widening too much...

I may have to switch to a 50, 56 combo in the future.

50 56 60 for me. Cause my PW is 45 and due to the course condition I am playing currently, i include a 60.

was a 52, 56 & 60 for a long time but have finally adjusted to a 52 & 58 combo - im not good with chioce!!!!

51-------56---------------58.

51-56 for normal wedge play..

the 58* is now the a grind iya domo, I bent that 1* and its just out of this world now, best bunker wedge of all time ( fulfly sand ) and it flops and stops like nothing else. Its my amex wedge

don't lave home without it!

52 56 62 (low bounce) has most shots covered

52 58. The extra wedge gives me more options than I need.

I find playing only the two makes me less of a robot on the numbers. Feeling and working the distances makes me more natural, when its on its outstanding being in tune with the wedges, it translates through the bag for me especially feeling the putter.

55/61...would we fine with anything in the 54-56* and 60-62* range. I don't find much I can do with a low 50s that I can't do with a choked-down PW, and as a general rule I'm not a fan of full wedge shots.

54 & 60, because my sets mostly have a 48* PW. I feel that I can hit the shots I need with the 48, 54, and 60 setup and don't carry the extra wedge. I have a Nike Covert 2.0 forged set which has a 45* PW, so I have a 50* wedge when I play that set.

Voted 52-56-60 but I've done away with the PW in my set to add a Yururi Raw Gekku 45, then I have 50-55-60 to keep an even distribution of lofts. The courses I play most (if I ever get to play that is) are typically shorter, in the 6300 - 6500 yard range, so the wedges are very important as they are used on virtually every approach on the par 4's. I want to hit my wedges at about 90 %.

I hit them:

45 - 132 yds

50 - 115 yds

55 - 106 yds

60 - 94 yds

P 46

G 51

S 56

L 61.5

50 / 54 / 60

my vokey k-grind 60 is personally my favorite. Can get you out of anything. Fluffy, thick, sand wet/hard... anything. Love it

Most of my sets have a 45 PW. So I play 51/57/64. 64 is mainly for green side bunkers and fun flop shots - most times it doesn't work 😃

Edited by gtrader88

51- 57

50, 54, 61...it's a little unconventional (as is my whole game) but I've been through all the lofts and this fits my game perfectly.

50 - 54 - 58

Used to play with a 60 degrees instead of 58 but in our wet Dutch weather conditons this one only got me in to trouble. The difference is just 2 degrees but 58 is way more playable. For me that is.

52/58 or 51/57 for me. It's okay to have more wedges if you don't want to think about hitting partial shots to get the distance you need. For me I made a chart for all of my clubs 150 yards (carry) and less, and measure each club with full and partial swings. This was done on a launch monitor, then confirmed on course.

I do have a pocket sized chart that I carry with me as there are more than one option to hit the targeted yardage.

YardageChart.jpg

prior to having this system, I did play 52/56/60. The problem with this setup is the 56 SW with high bounce, which is not usable for my game when I need to hit it from tight lies and as a result I have to hit partial shots with the GW when faced with SW distances. Thus, even with 3 wedges, I was essentially playing 50/60 wedges, with the 56 SW only used in the sand.

Edited by neova

46-50-56

45 50 58

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.