softstepping.. dont be afraid....!

supo

WOW.......................

first time I think ive actually done it with brand new shafts .

ive had a cpl of sets of modus130 X flex sitting in my cupboard for the longest time.

too scared to do something with, I play the Stifffelx and find them absolutely sensational.

perfect in ever yway ( or so I thought..!)

yetserdayi gamed a cpl of soft stepped 6 irons in farrrrrrrrrking freezing conditions here in a cpl of sets of irons im re doing, the masda blades and the prgr tr500s

the trs are a bit light so I had d to build them 1/4 over the masdas, which are heavy. ot get similar swing weights.

any way I took them out and hit dozens of balls with them on course and at the range pre game.

surprise aint the right word for it.

the masdas.. which ARE LOW LUANCHING heads at best.. were like hitting a GI.. soaring high land like a feather on the ground and workable!!

I fell instantly in love.

the tr500s which are mid to mid lo weren't quite as dazzling , bec they were already mid anyway. but the biggest thing I had

was the distance and smoothness of them

they are smoother/ higher than the stiffs!

im blown away really. they are going straight into both sets this week. and il lbe damned if I don't do the same to the 125s in a set of honmas im getting re done soon.

the extra cpl of grams is always welcome for my swing. but the added height, ease of use and smoothness was eye opening, epsicailly in mid winter.. if I cud have got a video and asked 100000000 pepeole what shaft I was suing not one wud ever have guessed it.

of course everything comes wit hacaveat. and although the 6 was revolutionary.. I will have to await the results of the whole set when they are done.

but if these are anything like the 6 then im done .

moral is, don't be afraid to ask a question of ur builder about changing the build specs of shafts, bec it might just end up being striking...... these certianyly were!

Edited by supo67

that's inspiring results, I can say for sure I don't dabble as it didn't work great for me in Monaco X but will likely give this a shot again one day with some modus :)

Edited by needmoregolf

Dbl soft stepped some modus 120X into Yammie tour model and they go fabulous as well, yep, don't be afraid

I have double soft stepped a set of X Monacos into sus heads and hated them and I removed them and was going to sell the Monacos but got a set of p2s and decided to give them one go...

Boom perfect match for me and the bonus is ended up with 2 Monaco wedge shafts.

Adding to an idea

Noticed Epon released shimada tour lites in sus as standard shaft which my mate now has in them and are a perfect match and found that x100 was the shaft offering for p2s.

Soft stepping and hard stepping great options to find the perfect set up.

For me I like going with a weight class I like more than a flex if that makes sense.

WEDGES IM KINDA T HE OPPSOITE WAY AS WELL..,

I LIKE REALLY STIFFF 52 AND 56 BUT I LOVE ns 950S IN MY LOBWEDGE.

BASICALLY SO I CAN GET FLIPPY AND WRISTY , I NEVER USE THE LB UNLESS IM TRYIOGN TO GET FUNKY.

I have double soft stepped a set of X Monacos into sus heads and hated them and I removed them and was going to sell the Monacos but got a set of p2s and decided to give them one go...

Boom perfect match for me and the bonus is ended up with 2 Monaco wedge shafts.

Adding to an idea

Noticed Epon released shimada tour lites in sus as standard shaft which my mate now has in them and are a perfect match and found that x100 was the shaft offering for p2s.

Soft stepping and hard stepping great options to find the perfect set up.

For me I like going with a weight class I like more than a flex if that makes sense.

I like P2 I want ! Me hardcore hsx1 125 x.

Will keep a eye for the sale soon D22