Who plays Epon P2s as their gamers? Trying to decide P2 or Buchi vs200

Aston55

Looking for some feedback here regarding the Epon P2s.

I've played all the Epons expect the p2 and SUS. So far from the Epon family I think the AF Tours and 302s seem to suit my game the best. The 302s have amazing feel at impact and great feedback on mis**ts. I also play the Crazy MBs, which I need to reshaft as they are playing shorter than my 302s.

I've been considering picking up the p2s for sometime now based on the feedback here and very close on pulling the trigger. However, my hesitancy is around the fact that most owners seem to have it in the rotation but don't really game the set exclusively. I could be wrong here but that's the impression I get.

Personally I'm not looking for a "novelty" set which is nice to play once in a while but rather looking for 'THE' set that suits my game the best (combination of distance, flight based on CG of the heads, forgiveness, and appearance). I know there's no such thing as THE set but would like to find something optimal and settle on one like how I did with my driver JBeam ZY-11. Could p2 really be the ticket? I'm not a fan of chrome but wow they are gorgeous. I wonder how the heads will wear with heavy usage as a gamer set? I dont use iron headcovers and dont plan on using them. However, I do take good care of my bag and clean between shots.

If not the p2s, I think the Buch vs200s may be a good set to try. What do you guys think?

Everybody in my foursome uses the P2 and i have seen it used in the rain and wet conditions with moderate success....i would say the P2s appear to be a 80% club.....but there are times in the winter when blades just won't do......i personally love the SUS and think they are the blade like complement to the AF Tour. I gamed the AF Tours and they were not spectacular nor did they hit the ball very far.....The 302s on the other hand are great well balanced clubs too......

* The Buchi VS200 sound awesome in the reviews I've read but they seem closer to 302s in play than P2s

Edited by robbie

I've Hit P2's and SUS ... Both very nice, both very different!

Feel P2's

Forgiveness SUS.

I've ordered the VS200's so once here I'll report back.

I'm hoping the Buchi sit some place between the 2 Epons.

Not sure if Buchi are from the same Stable as Epon....( I've had most things Epon and then some) BUT from what I've been told and from what I read, these should be a Photo Finish!!

have p1's, 302's, and p2's. used to like the p1's a lot. then i got 302's. i was skeptical of the p2's at first. then i got p2's on a good deal. sus were good but considering i have these I didn't bother.

p2's are my 80%'ers - tournaments and money games. they come out. 302s for winter and fun rounds or beating robbie rounds when he tries to get me drunk so I can't finish 18 holes.

someone get robbie a set of p2's!

P2s are my 80%ers as well. As Robbie mentioned, they were more prone to dig in wet/winter conditions, so I am experimenting with T-MBs, PXGs (and 303s previously ;) to augment, but I don't see anything kicking my P2s out in decent to good conditions (unless I get used to the forgiveness and distance of the T-MBs or PXGs :)

Sorry ya dirty panda but i have migrated to USDM Callaway Apex 16 with lightweight graphite shafts in reg flex.......Old age and Low T !!!

VS200 are more forgiving than most people think.

While I do not know how 302s play, I have experience with 301s and for sure the VS200 are more forgiving.

VS200 are also a bit more compact than 301.

I game P2s 100%. Shafted with Modus system 3. It's the most forgiving blade there is with soft Epon feel. I'm a single digit handicap so not really seeking for forgiveness. My favourite blade so far comparing to the Yoro or Kyoei forged irons.

I have had Epon 301 302 sus and p2s all with different shafts some with the same.

For me I am set on p2s the 301 302 are great all round performers the sus were Too long but the p2s have the looks easy to hit and now matching wedges are the perfect set.

Buchi a great option also would think

I got P2s recently and love them; going to be in the bag for a long time for me. Had 302s before and although everyone says they are one of the best irons made I never clicked with them and got rid of them last year.

Don't have enough rounds in yet to say for sure but I think they will be my nice weather no $ clubs, 302's for $ games and tourneys. I'm surprised so many comments on how forgiving they are, I agree to some extent but the 302s are more so. Maybe some people are in the bad swings = bad shots camp, I'm hoping my bad swings still end up ok. I consider myself to be a good ballstriker with irons for my skill level, +1 cap.

well, for me, i really like the way they look and feel. I do sometimes think i could be scoring better with other more forgiving irons. The P2 is prone to dig in wetter conditions, and i come in my irons pretty steep, so heavy shots come ever so often. Also still looking for "THE" set. Actually tried the 716 AP2 on the range a while back. Should have bought it, all i can say

While I never played my VS200 in wet conditions, the favorite part of the VS200 for me is the rounded sole grind. Very much like the Mizuno MP rounded sole. For me, they seem to work the best for how I swing my irons. I have more of a sweeping swing and maybe that's why they work well.

What's the most notable difference between AF Tour MB and P2, if any?

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback... wish I could go out and play but thats not going to happen for a while with all the snow we got here in NJ :(

P2's are def keeper clubs for what the guys above mentioned already. They are the best looking blade w/ that really special Epon feel and have no weakness in the distance department. The only thing is that they're not the best for sludgy winter conditions, but any other time, they're hard to put down. Between my P2's and IDBL's, I'm pretty much set all year round.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a P2 customer who ordered MP-5's with the same amount of offset and a copper under layer. Will be good to hear his comparison.

So when did Yoro change policy on offering this layer on the MP5's...?